Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-02-2012, 10:22 PM   #1 
ao
TFK Moderator

How I cup my fish

After seeing a few thread where people have trouble cupping their fish, I decided to show how I cup mine. I always feed them in their cups.

Male

Skip to the end lol, for this girl couldn't figure out why she cant simply swim straight through the plastic for the first 40 seconds or so.

Female

This makes water changes infinitely easier.
ao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:47 PM   #2 
Sena Hansler

Some of my bettas I use a shallow clear bowl they sit in it others I cup, and others I have to herd with the net into a container.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:28 PM   #3 
ao
TFK Moderator

lol, It was funny imagining you doing that. I'm glad I have two nice little fishies that are so obedient :)
Old 06-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #4 
Sena Hansler

Red acts like a baby And he's a slippery little bugger hehe
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #5 
FishyFishy89

LOL
That poor girl. "the cup!!! its like right there but I cannot reach it!!!" **swims around** "oh! theres da hole!!"
/facepalm
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:58 PM   #6 
lelei

Wow..Aokashi, your fish are sooo cooperative..I wish you could do that for Sammy..lol..now I see what type of cup your using too.. and I don't have that kind..so I use a longer cup..so afraid if he jumps out..so I have one that once he's in then I try to work as fast as I can so he won't jump out..my biggest fear, but when I get him in a baggie I already have a smaller tank ready to let him rest in, so if in case there are prob=s along the way..and takes more time to get things done..(oh boy) especially if I miss the reg change time..spose to be tonight..:( not looking foward to it..

Also being that I have a Cylindrical tank, ugg,.makes it even worse..going all the way down..but with most of the water out..before I start..Thanks for doing that video..that was great!!!
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:01 PM   #7 
ao
TFK Moderator

@sena : My babies will always be babies to me :D even when they grow into old toothless fish :) I have yet to name them though >.>

@ fishyfishy, Lol! I know right. And sometimes she'll just sit there with her face pressed to the outside plastic going, ok I'm ready! Take me up!
And I'll be all like, but you're still OUTSIDE the cup you silly goose
Old 06-03-2012, 03:02 PM   #8 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
Wow..Aokashi, your fish are sooo cooperative..I wish you could do that for Sammy..lol..now I see what type of cup your using too.. and I don't have that kind..so I use a longer cup..so afraid if he jumps out..so I have one that once he's in then I try to work as fast as I can so he won't jump out..my biggest fear, but when I get him in a baggie I already have a smaller tank ready to let him rest in, so if in case there are prob=s along the way..and takes more time to get things done..(oh boy) especially if I miss the reg change time..spose to be tonight..:( not looking foward to it..

Also being that I have a Cylindrical tank, ugg,.makes it even worse..going all the way down..but with most of the water out..before I start..Thanks for doing that video..that was great!!!
like an actual cup you drink from?
you can use the cup they came in from the petstore
you could also use a sandwhich baggie if your just doing a water change

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
fishyfishy, Lol! I know right. And sometimes she'll just sit there with her face pressed to the outside plastic going, ok I'm ready! Take me up!
And I'll be all like, but you're still OUTSIDE the cup you silly goose
ROFL
priceless...shes a special one
Old 06-03-2012, 03:03 PM   #9 
ZubinBetta

aokashi, you have it down to an art! It helps when you don't have to be fast about what you're doing, because the fishes comply so willingly. They really seem to look forward to the emergence of the cup. Thanks for sharing this with us--it gives us hope.
ZubinBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:04 PM   #10 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZubinBetta View Post
aokashi, you have it down to an art! It helps when you don't have to be fast about what you're doing, because the fishes comply so willingly. They really seem to look forward to the emergence of the cup. Thanks for sharing this with us--it gives us hope.
It's easy to teach too
When I tried with Spike I used his food to lure him into the cup/when I let him out I gave him another pellet.