Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-03-2012, 07:31 PM   #11 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseOniel View Post
well for fabio i feed his pellets ... we think it might just be the rocks in the tank. They are very small and hard to clean so that combined with left over food might cause it. I just took about 1/2 the water out and changed it for fresh water and now it's fine. Next time we wash his tank we will change the rocks out and scrub the remaining large rocks and see if that fixes the issue.
I have a small gravel vacuum. They are lil miracles when tank cleaning ;)
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:36 PM   #12 
RoseOniel

i don't have means to get one of those lol.... truth is my mother cleans fabio's tank and i do domanic's tank, being fabio is technicly her fish.... i will see about getting him new rocks and how shes cleaning him. i also think it might be the food....the pellets don't float for long before they sink to the bottom...fabio doesn't like the blood worms that i feed domanic lol.
RoseOniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:50 PM   #13 
Shirleythebetta

The cloudyness is probably whats called a bacterial bloom. I have 9 boys and only one does it. If you do a search on here about it you can learn a little more. Some fish just cloud the water more than others. It isn't really anything to worry about. It's just my opinion but I don't think that 100 percent water changes hurt the fish any if you acclimate them correctly. If you through them right in to clean water that is a different temp you can shock them though. Just an opinion though. I get that based on the recommeded water changes by keepers on here that have been doing it for 20 plus years. They all say do one 50 and one 100 percent water change a week in a tank under 5 gallons. Correct me anyone if I have that wrong.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #14 
Anitax3x

Those are gorgeous VT's!
Anitax3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:32 PM   #15 
RoseOniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
The cloudyness is probably whats called a bacterial bloom. I have 9 boys and only one does it. If you do a search on here about it you can learn a little more. Some fish just cloud the water more than others. It isn't really anything to worry about. It's just my opinion but I don't think that 100 percent water changes hurt the fish any if you acclimate them correctly. If you through them right in to clean water that is a different temp you can shock them though. Just an opinion though. I get that based on the recommeded water changes by keepers on here that have been doing it for 20 plus years. They all say do one 50 and one 100 percent water change a week in a tank under 5 gallons. Correct me anyone if I have that wrong.
oh thank you :) that makes me feel soo much better.. he's just a dirty fishy lol jk thank you that does make sense
Old 06-03-2012, 08:33 PM   #16 
RoseOniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitax3x View Post
Those are gorgeous VT's!
aww thank you :) domanic has really become quite beautiful he was a duel blue when i got him now he's full of color.... and fabio was all red and now has all that purple on him :)
Old 06-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #17 
Shirleythebetta

I'm with you. Nero is a dirty boy too.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:46 PM   #18 
RoseOniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
I'm with you. Nero is a dirty boy too.
lol i bet ...fishys are dirty
Old 06-03-2012, 09:47 PM   #19 
Shirleythebetta

hmm come to think of it? duh. Nero needs a bath. oh wait... bad idea *laughs at bad joke*
Old 06-04-2012, 08:17 PM   #20 
Bettaluver4evr

Wow! Fabio has an impressive lifespan! And I LOVE dominic's handsome steel blue color. They're both stunning veiltails. 100% water changes aren't too stressful at all as long as you acclimate them carefully by floating them in the tanks so they get used to the temperature, and then add a little water to their cup so they get used to it. Doesn't take more than an hour usually! :) For a 1 gallon I'd do 2 50% per week and a 100% preferably weekly as well. :)
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote