Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-03-2012, 09:21 PM   #11 
Anitax3x

It is all really confusing. I read youcan condition them to be fully salt water I have read you can leabe them with just aq salt. My molly looks just like that only the tail has a dif shape. My spotted one looks just like that with specs of yellow. The babies are doing fine with just 1tsp aq salt/gal water. I have limited suppliesatm and Im in college so Im doing best within my limits. I know some people will flame me for that but its okay, my momma molly survived the birth and is doing well and the fry are fat bellied and active. So I think Im doing alright as a first time fry mommy
Anitax3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:00 AM   #12 
Twilight Storm

Yeah I am definitely not going to keep them in full salt water. Honestly if I was going to go full saltwater I wouldn't be keeping mollies in it. ;) The other things stopping me is the money involved in setting up a salt water tank, and my lack of knowledge in keeping one healthy.. oh did I mention the money involved in salt water tanks? :D

I won't flame you for using aquarium salt btw. I just was reading the marine salt has more minerals that mimic the tidewater that they live in. But seeing as they can be kept in fresh water, I think the only difference is trace minerals in the salts?

Petco has a smaller box of marine salt mix that probably couldn't hurt to try with my mollies to be.

The aquarium salt I have is a tiny box and it's lasted me a year already, and will probably last me many more to come before it's gone for my betta emergency room lol.

(Yes I know I will use more marine salt with every water change but I want to see how fast I go through it before I buy 50 lbs of salt and end up using it on my driveway or something in the winter. LOL!)

You better keep your baby picture post updated btw :) I want to see how they develop. Their little fat bellies are so tiny right now. Your boyfriend has a nice camera btw
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:44 AM   #13 
Anitax3x

Oh okay! Ill keep that in mind next trip to petco! Thanks for twlling me. And yea they are so stinking tiny!! Its hard to keep track of all of.them! But i have 16 live moving and eating fry. I bought what they need to survive so i am excited to see how they grow i will be taking pictures evrry week to show development. I dont know who the father was so we will see how they all look! And thank you his camera is tons of fun to take pictures with!
Anitax3x is offline   Reply With Quote