Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-03-2012, 10:57 PM   #1 
trakehner

Delta tails and ornaments

Fabio... aka Spot, is getting a tank ornament / hiding spot and silk plants on Tues. He had torn his fins already and though I know I can not totally prevent from happening I'd like to try and reduce the chances of it happening. What are the best ornaments in your experiences? He's an extremely happy boy (I think) and very friendly and I want him to stay that way. He built me a HUGE bubble nest, the biggest I have ever seen. It towers about an inch above the water. It is a bubble mansion. It is going to break my heart to do the next water change.
trakehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #2 
Sena Hansler

I would look for anything that has wide openings if it were a cave. I've noticed many entrances seem small... which is silly. I also look for smooth insides for the ornament, along with rounded edges rather than sharp, pointy edges. I think there are logs, caves, etc that are meant for larger cichlids - those work. Terricotta pots do too
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #3 
Sceven

Try to get plants with rounded edges and take off any of the end stem parts as, I learned that the hard way with Yashamaru (sigh, now I have to wait for him to heal :( )
Sceven is offline   Reply With Quote