Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-22-2012, 12:56 AM   #31 
Emmalee01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
Java fern should grow with an indirect light source. You don't need an overhead light.
Cool thanks, I have just purchased a nice bunch so that is good to know

In case you were wondering why I keep my Betta in bowls:

My first Betta hated his 5 gal (I still have it spare) He would hide in his cave and began to fin bite. I placed him in the bowl for healing purposes as I was worried he'd get fin rot (like many of you I don't like anything too small so chose a 2.5 gal bowl as a hospital tank) He seemed to thrive in it, he stopped hiding and became much more active (guess it shows you how different Betta's can be from one another!)

Long story short, I decided I quite like him in this bowl. When his fins recovered I added java moss and pebbles to make it look nice (would love to show a pic!)

I then bought another Betta (Godric) and placed this one in a matching bowl- he seems happy too- I may try seeing if he prefers the 5 gal, but will always keep my first Betta (Odin) in his bowl!
Emmalee01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:02 AM   #32 
Emmalee01

Old 06-05-2012, 02:21 AM   #33 
ao
TFK Moderator

I approve! lol preett tanks you have :D I presumw thwy're not jumpers?
ao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:38 AM   #34 
TheCheese909

Emmalee01, i've never been a fan of any type of Goldfish bowls, but those spheres you have are beautiful! I love them <3
TheCheese909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:53 AM   #35 
Twilight Storm

Cheese I think you can still get them at Home Goods. They have/had a ton of different sizes from a half gallon to probably 10 gallons. (The big ones are huge, but I don't know exactly how much they hold.) The prices on them aren't too bad either.
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:06 AM   #36 
Emmalee01

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheese909 View Post
Emmalee01, i've never been a fan of any type of Goldfish bowls, but those spheres you have are beautiful! I love them <3
Thanks! I feel like these give them enough room to swim etc. I still might eventually move them to my empty 5 gallon...but I am loving this set up for now
Old 06-05-2012, 08:07 AM   #37 
Emmalee01

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
I approve! lol preett tanks you have :D I presumw thwy're not jumpers?
\Good point! I do hope the water level is low enough for them not to jump, however I think I should probably get lids made for these !
Old 06-05-2012, 08:16 AM   #38 
Sena Hansler

I was scared to click this thread... Now I'm not =D Those bowls look VERY nice! I have a goldfish bowl, and I hate it. It distorts the view of my fish and dare they be at the bottom, it makes me panic thinking they got out somehow I am currently, NOT using it :p
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:40 AM   #39 
Ianthe

We recently moved my daughter's VT from his ten gallon into a 1 gallon bowl to treat him for an eye fungus, and he seems to be loving it in there so we may just leave him put LOL. I'll try to get a pic later, it's nothing fancy, just a drum bowl.
Ianthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #40 
Sena Hansler

I have Dally who for the longest time only liked his 1 gallon. I moved him to a 3 gallon, he sulked, wouldn't eat, and hid. I put him back and immediately he was happy Now he is in 3 gallons just fine.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote