Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #1 
chloe23belle

Exclamation Betta rescue

I've read how people have mixed views on what a "rescue" is. I believe that any fish that can be saved should. Even if it will lead to more fish being sold. It can go for anything. You could save one child in Africa, another one will just be born. You have to make the difference you can. Of course I believe people should also complain and educate people on how to properly take care of bettas as well. I also support sitting your betta on the bottom of your shopping cart and "absent mindedly" forgetting you put it there when you pay, if the fish is very sick. I know that will be controversial. Anyway, I've rescued some bettas. One is a pink veiltail, she (i refer to her as she, even though i know its a boy, i cant get over the pink) was a very pale color but now is bright again. She had very severe fin rot. But now they are already starting to show some growth, after only a week. I'm very pleasantly surprised! I've been keeping her in a hospital tank, with heat and bettafix and water changes every other day. She was very sluggish at first and almost seemed to not be able to swim very well but now she is just as active as my healthy pet bettas. The next "rescue" is Zeus. His cup was the worst out of all of them. Chunks of food in the bottom, he was so swollen from basically inhaling food. He also has pretty much no color. And fin rot, not as bad as Nova (the pink one) but still pretty bad. I was wondering if his color will come back? What else do I need to do with them? Zeus also seems very afraid of people, understandably so.
Attached Images

chloe23belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #2 
chloe23belle

Oops I meant to upload a pic of the dirty water but ended up with a picture of another rescue Sebastian
chloe23belle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
walmart sick rescue