Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #1 
aqua001

Angry he hates brine shrimp!!!

Zoro, my new betta, hates brine shrimp! I let him try a small piece today and he spit it right out! I'm, like so mad because that tiny jar of food was 7.64. Oh well. I thought he was hungry because he was attempting to swallow gravel (not successful) so I fed him something. Now I think he's never seen gravel before. poor thing.
aqua001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:49 PM   #2 
lelei

They are just like kids..lol..Is that the Freeze dried type, I tried the Freeze dried Bloodworms with our Sammy, yup..he hates em too!! altho, I hear the Frozen ones are much better..and twice as pricey..lol
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #3 
thekinetic

Mine hates the fresh ones but loves the dried ones. They were about the only way I could get him to eat while sick.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:05 AM   #4 
Sakura8

I'm hearing ya on this one. I bought all sorts of fancy frozen foods for all 21 bettas: krill, mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, bloodworms, daphnia. The only one they'll eat is the bloodworms. 21 bettas and not one of them likes anything but pellets and bloodworms. Siiiigh.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:59 AM   #5 
ZackyBear

Holy....21 picky bettas? O_o I only have one and he is a handful! xD How do you manage such a thing?
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:24 PM   #6 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
I'm hearing ya on this one. I bought all sorts of fancy frozen foods for all 21 bettas: krill, mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, bloodworms, daphnia. The only one they'll eat is the bloodworms. 21 bettas and not one of them likes anything but pellets and bloodworms. Siiiigh.
thats quite a situation you have. i havent tried much FD food but none of my 5 betta are picky on any food i tried. i dont mucn feed flakes to my CT as its hard to control the quantity.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:02 AM   #7 
Sakura8

ZackyBear - feeding takes about 10 minutes. Thank goodness my mom finally relented and lets me keep some thawed frozen bloodworms in the fridge at all times. Otherwise, feeding would take an hour.

They won't eat flakes either. I bought some medicated flakes online when some of them had camallanus worms and they refused to eat them. Pellets and bloodworms. And live black worms but they won't ever get those again. They eat wingless fruitflies too, but those are a pain to feed.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:37 PM   #8 
aqua001

Mine are the freeze dried type. Aqua, (rip) ate that stuff like he hasn't ate in a year lol.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:53 PM   #9 
Sakura8

I feed freeze-dried brine shrimp to my community tank because I can take a cube of the stuff and stick it to the glass. But my picky bettas? Noo, must be icky worms.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #10 
aqua001

You feed your bettas worms? EWWWWWWWW I can't look at them without gagging.