Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-10-2012, 02:25 PM   #11 
lelei

Hello and Welcome, It seems like she's doing ok, she is purty:) and my one question is..when you got her, did she have that same look on her head, maybe not missing scales, but just her coloring is different on her head.

Other than that, I was lookin in the tank to see if she has a hidey hole to go in and rest and sleep. And for food, I use the Haikari Gold, which it seems to be one of the higher standard brands of pellets, Micro pellets, the reg size,

not a lot of bettas like..they do bring out color, and lots of energy,,lol..like withour Sammy..:) Good luck with your new girl..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:31 PM   #12 
weezerette1121

Thank you Aus! And lelei, she did have a home to hide in, but I took of out, thinking she could've bumped her head on it or something. Another question I have-the water was fine and clear yesterday but today, not so much. It's not like super cloudy but it's sure not as clear. Any remedy or idea what it's from?
weezerette1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:33 PM   #13 
weezerette1121

And I don't remember what she looked like when we bought her. My brother got her to breed with his but decided against it. So he gave me Lucy after a week or so.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #14 
lelei

I have a 3 gal cylindrical tank, that has the u/g filter, and a bubble tube in the middle too., as far as crystal clear water, not soo much,, but don't use a (real filter) but u know with reg water changes, and water conditioner, your water is safe, and that is fine,, u can see your fishy clearly..

and your decor looks fine, because sometimes, as I hear, there are some decor that can leak color, such as the gravel, or plants, everything should be washed before put in tank. What kind of Hidey hole were u using? do you have a picture of it? was there any sharp edges?
Old 06-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #15 
lelei

Oh boy,,btw..when I say washed, not with SOAP, OR DETERGENTS..just rinsed well with hot water..
Old 06-10-2012, 03:30 PM   #16 
weezerette1121

Thanks for the water info. I can see her okay and I'll post a pic later.
I did have a little statue but looking at it, it's sharp. I took it out yesterday and I'll look for a rounded rock cave or something.
My plants are fake and they're high quality. Never had a problem with the brand for my goldfish (he lived 7 years).
Old 06-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #17 
lelei

Some plastic plants can shred bettas fins, there is a panty hose test, run some panty hose against the plastic if it rips the hose, it will rip fins, if they are really nice, and soft, it should be ok, if not just switch to silk, and a small real one..I have two tall silk and a Amazon Sword in Sammy's tank, and a spongebob hidey cave:)
Old 06-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #18 
weezerette1121

that makes sense, i'll have to test the plants. oh and here's the picture of the water. i took the left picture two days ago and then changed the water yesterday evening. here's the difference:

and then this morning, it's back to cloudy. i put conditioner in it and i'm still skeptical about what this could possibly be. notice the bubbles from the airstone at the top of the left, then notice the bubbles in the clean water on the right. it's doing that again this morning.