Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-11-2012, 07:55 AM   #21 
a123andpoof

Remove the food after a few minutes. It is not good for the water quality of a tank that size. Or any tank for that matter.

bubble nests are not a good gauge of when they are happy since some will even make them in the petstore cups. They are more the male saying hey I am ready to breed. By no means should you actually give him a female fish though! But it can also be a sign that the water is favorable. There are other reasons he made a bubble nest, but I notice nests more when they like their conditions. But its not again its not nessarily saying they are happy. There are other reasons they do it.
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:52 PM   #22 
ilikefishyys

thanks! and also i just got a new tank for him today! its 5 gallons, has soft plants, and a filter and heater. for some reason though, he tries to swim behind the filter and heater and he really likes swimming into the walls...almost like attacking them....is this strange behavior or is it normal for him to try to squeeze behind impossible spots?
ilikefishyys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:24 PM   #23 
MistersMom

my fish stay behind their filters sometimes, but uhm... i think he may be mental for running into the walls lol
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #24 
ilikefishyys

hahaha i guess i chose a crazy one...i really hope he doesnt hurt himself...lol
Old 06-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #25 
MistersMom

Idk, the running into the side of the tank may mean he is blind...
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #26 
deso

Quote:
Originally Posted by a123andpoof View Post
Remove the food after a few minutes. It is not good for the water quality of a tank that size. Or any tank for that matter.

bubble nests are not a good gauge of when they are happy since some will even make them in the petstore cups. They are more the male saying hey I am ready to breed. By no means should you actually give him a female fish though! But it can also be a sign that the water is favorable. There are other reasons he made a bubble nest, but I notice nests more when they like their conditions. But its not again its not nessarily saying they are happy. There are other reasons they do it.
This is absolutely true. Bubble nesting is mostly a territorial behaviour. Not to worry you, but the only time I've ever seen my fish make a bubble nest in the 2 and a half months that I've had him is when he had ick.
deso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:07 PM   #27 
ilikefishyys

yeahh...i thinkk he was swimming into the sides because he saw his reflection, he was doing that when the room light was off but the tank light was on so maybe it was just the lighting that made him see his reflection...im not sure if what i see is a bubble nest, it just looks like a pile of bubbles at the top in one of the corners...it may be because i got a new tank and he likes it so hes making a bubble nest idk...he doesnt seem sick though