Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-14-2012, 09:26 PM   #11 
PitGurl

Why dont you look for a single tail with DT geno. You'll have much better luck with their form. You will still get the extended dorsals and if bred to a DT or DT geno female you will get DT's in the spawn. That female from bettascapes is really nice, bred to a HM with DT geno would make some nice babies. Pic is of a dt geno male also from bettascapes.

I'm bidding on that rainbow male myself. If I win him I plan on getting a HM female with DT geno to breed to him.
Attached Images

Last edited by PitGurl; 06-14-2012 at 09:34 PM.
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:30 AM   #12 
Junglist

Found this while surfing the world wide web... Hope it helps

Here are those undesirable traits of DT that I select to eliminate them from the line so that these traits will not pass o*n to the next generation if they are used in breeding.

The following will show a series of those undesirable traits of DT.

1. Uneven Lobe
Usually the upper lobe is smaller than the lower lobe.

2. Y-Split DT
The split is of Y-shaped and it is somehow ugly and will not have those desirable overlapping lobes.

3. Crooked Spine
This is rather common in DT as well as ST when DT gene is present. A slight (I said SLIGHT) curved spine is acceptable for DT as itís a common trait of DT, but any curved or crooked spine for ST is definitely unacceptable. Too much crooked spine for DT is highly undesirable for breeding as it will pass o*n to the next generation.

4. Deformed Body
This is also quite common when the DT gene is present causing the body to deformed or sometimes shortened. Never use these for breeding. If you used such deformed or shortened body fish for breeding, the deformed gene will pass o*n to the next generation and you will find that most of the body will become shorter and shorter.

5. Fused Lobes
These is an extreme case of incomplete split of the DT. Both the tails are fused together. o*nly choose those with total split tails.
Junglist is offline   Reply With Quote