Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-06-2012, 11:10 PM   #1 
Neferet

Greetings.

You can call me Neferet. I never expected to show my face on a betta forum because I had no plans to get one, but recently I got one because the owner was keeping the poor fellow in a tank with two gouramis. I tried to keep my cool when I saw how horrible he looked and struggled when it came to not yelling at the person. I managed to explain to the person that a betta doesn't belong with a gourami and she was horrified about what she had done. She begged me to take in the poor betta and help him, so I did, but I won't be giving him back to her upon her request.

I put him in a cup that Petco uses to sell their bettas and rushed him home so that I could get my spare 10 gallon up and running for him. I talked to him all the way home (I'm a dork). I listed off names and he seemed to wiggle around like he enjoyed the name Persis. His tank won't have any decorations in it for a while, but it will at least have some gravel. I'll be getting $500 from babysitting after the summer, so I can use some of it on him.

I got a picture of Persis' tail and it makes me cringe to even look at the damage. I've done a lot of research on bettas in my life. I know what they need and I know what I need to do to treat him. It will be a long while before he will be fully recovered from this trauma. I also have two gouramis of my own named Enyo and Deino. They are in a seperate tank. For now I need to focus on Persis.
Neferet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:06 AM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping.....

Look forward to hearing more about your Betta keeping adventures and seeing pics....

Enjoy your stay....

Be sure and post questions in the proper section for best response....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #3 
Neferet

I'll post a picture of Persis in the proper section later in the day because I'm currently at school and it's the last day. Things are very emotional right now for me and all of my friends. Some of them I'll probably never see again because they're moving.

I'll also start posting updates in that section with lots of pictures. When I do post his picture, please keep in mind that this is exactly how I found him. His fins are already starting the healing process. Persis is injured, but it doesn't stop him from coming up to the glass and wiggling around at me. Perhaps he knows that I'm the one who saved him?
Neferet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #4 
MsChris

Aww, he's lucky you found him!
MsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:12 AM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:28 AM   #6 
MistersMom