Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-29-2012, 02:54 PM   #11 
Ilikebutterflies

Thanks Soccerdog! A coffeehouse inspired theme would be super easy to find stuff for and a coffee mug would make a super cave! I like that idea as well as the bar idea I was leaning towards.
Ilikebutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:08 PM   #12 
soccerdog693

And there are lots of fun things you could do with a coffee theme - maybe lean a saucer up against a corner as another little cave option.
soccerdog693 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:17 PM   #13 
FrostSinth

I would love to see what you finally end up with. I really like this idea :)
FrostSinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:22 PM   #14 
Shirleythebetta

If it's safe for us to drink or eat with it's safe for your aquarium. I used china plates and cups. I put the big plate in the back and used a piece of driftwood in front of that and propped a small plate in front against the driftwood. Be sure if you do this you bury them in the rocks a little so they don't roll and I put glasses on either side. I loved it and it gave the fish some places to explore. I used glazed green coffee mugs in my sorority when it first started. You can see them in my pics. They were cute.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:01 PM   #15 
teeneythebetta

Wow this sounds really neat! Please post pics once it's finished, I can't wait! :D
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #16 
teeneythebetta

It'd be cool if you put bright green gravel in a standing martini glass too ;)
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:41 PM   #17 
Foisair

One of these days I hope to get everything I need to do a sushi themed tank.

I love the bar theme idea. You could use a plastic 3 piece shaker as a cave. If you could find plastic lemon or lime slices, that would look neat too.
Foisair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:54 PM   #18 
Ilikebutterflies

Sushi, lol, that reminds me of that commercial where the parents had to cut back on expenses so they ate the kids fish as sushi instead of going out, roflmao...

I found an awesome cup and saucer at Pier One on clearance. I'll hit McDonalds for some coffee stirrers this weekend and now I just have to figure out how to make sugar cubes. I suppose I'll have to find a ceramic or plastic spoon since metal is a no-no. I can't even use 18/10 stainless steel??
Old 05-30-2012, 09:08 PM   #19 
Twilight Storm

I'm not sure it would work or even look good but you can maybe take aquarium sealant and mix in white sand to it, pack loose sand on the outside of the patty and cut in cubes patting loose sand on the outside? Or maybe take a dice or something (if it's safe) and cover with AQ sealer and roll it in the sand for sugar cubes?? -Again not sure if it would work but the food inspired themes sound fun :)

I like the rustic stove ornament too that was linked :D
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:17 PM   #20 
Ilikebutterflies

OK. So this is what I ended up with. I am looking for small long drift wood that I can attach the floating java fern to and set those around the edges to create a plant wall to hide the heater and sponge filter. I am also looking for a non-metal spoon that I can stack the sugar cubes on.

The java moss is just in there until it goes in the spawn tank.