Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-15-2012, 06:34 PM   #1 
Twilight Storm

Talking Air Swimmers!

I was walking by the TV and a show called Steven and Chris was on, they were playing with/demo-ing toys.

They demonstrated Air Swimmers which are a remote control/infrared balloon/ fish blimp toy... Holy cow are they neat.

I went to their website and it looks like they have a bass, a shark, and a clownfish so far.

It also says they are taking suggestions on new ones! ;)

Here is a link to the video on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=vIJINiK9azc

I want one! I wonder if they could do a betta? or if it wouldn't work because of the tail shape needed to control it? One of those African butterfly fish would be awesome too... Heck there are a lot of fish I would like to see as one of these but I really wish they could make a betta that looked awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're never too old to play with toys right? ;)
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:59 PM   #2 
lvandert

Do a PK! lol We had a demonstrator in our mall once. The fish got away from him while he was talking to a pretty chick and he had to fly it back. I found it quite amusing from the second floor and the thing flew so dang close I booped it one to go the other direction
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:20 AM   #3 
Twilight Storm

I want to see one of these in person! They "swim" so realistically.

Since I posted this at first I think my dogs would despise me for bringing one into the house. I am guessing they would run and hide. (or bark like crazy at it)

Didn't think of a plakat... hmm... might just suggest that :D The tail rudder would still probably be "off", but it would be closer then say a veiltail or a halfmoon. Good idea *gives you a shiny gold star sticker* :D
Old 06-16-2012, 07:33 AM   #4 
lvandert

yays!
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:21 AM   #5 
Laki

omgoodness I waaaant!!! These are neat. The wind here would break them though I bet. In tranship to parties and such.
The last part with the cat drinking fish water was such a sin!! But I laughed at his misfortune. He might never look at fish the same way again!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #6 
Twilight Storm

LOL yeah, kitty goes "lookie a yummy betta in a cereal bowl just for me..."*batbatbat* "Crud! SHARK!" *runs* ;)

I would think they are as tough as any other foil balloon. They DO sell replacement balloons. As long as you battened them down in a mesh laundry bag(only thing I found that worked to transport ballons without driving me crazy so far) they shouldn't break traveling in a car. You can buy helium kits in the grocery stores or party stores and just fill it at your house too. I think you can even buy hi loft additive.

My neice's girls would LVE these things. OR they would be terrified of them LOL you never can tell sometimes. I hope they make a nice looking plakat...
Old 06-18-2012, 02:07 PM   #7 
eaturbyfill

I need one of those!!!
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote