Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-16-2012, 06:29 PM   #1 
xShainax

Unrealistic looking fake plants.

Am I weird for being turned off by unrealistic looking fake plants? I don't know, I like natural more.
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #2 
WiggleSwim

no, I hate the fakey looking ones too. It makes the aquarium look cheap.
WiggleSwim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #3 
xShainax

I mean, I love bright colors but not in an aquarium
Old 06-18-2012, 09:55 AM   #4 
deso

You're not weird for it. I have the same opinion that an aquarium shouldn't look like a bowl of candy. I love aquariums that simulate a fish's "natural environment" and try to decorate mine as such, but it all comes down to personal taste. Clearly many people favour the neon look, because I have to do all of my fish shopping online!
deso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:03 AM   #5 
lelei

I love colors, just look at Sammy's tank, I do add the real plants as well, to give more balance..as I have been looking at others tanks, I see a lot of nice setups with all real plants, but it is personal taste, overall..:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:32 AM   #6 
Aus

While I personally enjoy my own tanks looking very natural (I love live plants/natural scapes) I have really enjoyed some of the more colourful artificially decorated ones in the photo section.

It truly is a matter of personal taste. Daughter's guppy tank is SO bright, but it looks great with the equally bright gupsters zooting around in it. She took great pride in choosing her decorations, especially the pinkish silk plant which was a very nice touch. I don't think it looks 'cheap' at all (and trust me, it ruddy well was NOT cheap, I paid out the nose for that lot!).
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:00 PM   #7 
NapoleonUWS

To each his own as far as tank set ups go...
but I like very natural looking settings... gravel, live plants, etc... The bright colors are too much for me... I like the Betta to be the focus! Again, to each his own!

However, I do have a Betta named Sparky (not my favorite name) but I asked my 5yr old nephew to name him, so Sparky it was!
NapoleonUWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:23 PM   #8 
teeneythebetta

I like tanks that have a natural feel- or at least natural colors. like my tank has a wooden-looking tree house thingy and some barrels, but nothing brightly colored to give it a kiddy feel.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:35 PM   #9 
Tikibirds

I like color - natural is boring but I am going to set up my 20G with a more natural look and a few live plants. Maybe some driftwood?
I like leafy silk plants but some of my bettas really love those sillicone things:

I do not, however, like unnatural plastic plants - they just look cheesy.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:02 PM   #10 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
I like color - natural is boring but I am going to set up my 20G with a more natural look and a few live plants. Maybe some driftwood?
I like leafy silk plants but some of my bettas really love those sillicone things:

I do not, however, like unnatural plastic plants - they just look cheesy.
O.o I want one