Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-18-2012, 05:31 PM   #21 
colorfulpetgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestral View Post
Since most filters are too strong for bettas, you must slow the flow by baffling it.
This is a great step-by-step tutorial on how to baffle your filter. Personally, I use the technique on page 4, since it's a bit easier and better for smaller tanks with smaller filters. :D
If you want a bigger tank, then the mini bow 5 gallon looks to be good, too.
If I can't get a gentle filter, I will definitely come back to this fourm and use this method, thanks for showing me this.
colorfulpetgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #22 
Kestral

The mini bows come with a filter, too. :D
Sorry if I sound... scattered. Not much sleep. D: My literateness has completely gone out the window this whole week.
Kestral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:06 PM   #23 
colorfulpetgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestral View Post
The mini bows come with a filter, too. :D
Sorry if I sound... scattered. Not much sleep. D: My literateness has completely gone out the window this whole week.
No worries. You've been more helpful than can be expected.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:53 PM   #24 
Shadyr

I love my minibows (very cat resistant, if that's any kind of consideration) - I have two of those at my house. I took the filter off completely and replaced the bulbs that came with them with CFLs.

My favorite is probably my Crescent 3. Probably the same one mentioned above since the LED on it says "Tetra". I can't keep it as home, as it is NOT cat resistant. But since it's the one at my office, that didn't matter Here it is!

Name:  crescent1280.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  66.7 KB
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:20 PM   #25 
colorfulpetgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyr View Post
I love my minibows (very cat resistant, if that's any kind of consideration) - I have two of those at my house. I took the filter off completely and replaced the bulbs that came with them with CFLs.

My favorite is probably my Crescent 3. Probably the same one mentioned above since the LED on it says "Tetra". I can't keep it as home, as it is NOT cat resistant. But since it's the one at my office, that didn't matter Here it is!

Attachment 57659
This looks great. I love the little LED light. What exactly is being used to decorate your tank? I have the same betta food by the way.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:01 AM   #26 
Shadyr

I have two "greek column ruins" decorations (both from Petsmart iirc), some smooth river stones that I got in "Bag of Random Rocks" from Michaels, a pretty stripey rock that I don't recall the origins of, a moss ball (live), a java fern (I think it's a java fern, it's been in there for months and hasn't croaked yet), a "bunched water plant" the one in the back right of the tank...it's got roots coming out all over the place and seems fairly happy also, a banana plant (love them!) and then that big fluffy silk petco plant has now been replaced by a big fluffy live sword plant. Natural gravel, no filter, 25w nonadjustable heater lurking in the back.

Dunno what the magic is about this tank, but it's always crystal clear! I just jinxed it, didn't I.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:09 AM   #27 
laoshun

walmart sells 5-10 gallons with lid and filter for 29.99 (either or 5 or 10 gallon) at same price.
laoshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:49 AM   #28 
Shadyr

FWIW, I went and studied the plants sticky some more and I'm 90% sure that my "bunched water plant" with the crazy roots is a Pennywort.

Tags
upgrade general tank