Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-19-2012, 10:09 PM   #1 
bettafishfinnatic

slow motion baby double halfmoon betta

so today i brought home 2 beautiful boys from elemers fish supply store. they are known for some of the best well-bred fish and in particular betta fish. so i got a 6 month old super male delta who is absoultly gorgeous. but, that is not my problem you see i also got a 7 week old double half moon betta. he is my problem.

i put my double in a XL critter cage in which i used to have hermit cabs in. i thoroughly cleaned it out with out any soaps. my gravel which is blood red was leaking its dyes so i scrubbed it so it wouldnt and it seemed to be fine after that.

i put some extra rocks that i found camping in there as well yet i still cleanded them not scrubbed put gently rubbed them with water and nothing else. i also got 2 new plants today as well and put some of eachin my community tankand betta bowls. my plants are cabomba and well i forget the other (stupid is what i am sometimes). i took the rocks out now just to see if he would get any better

my double is red with super large tails and dorsals for such a youngin... he also has a white head and tiny eyes and a tiny mouth as well. the water is somewhat cloudy and has a white color to it.
he likes to lay on the rocks and seems very very drowsy he barely ate his dinner i made it sink infront of him.
my dad says he is just stunned because of the change and to give him a few days...

he is in a critter cage, again, and no filter no heater or anything but he is beside the community tank witch gives off heat.
i dont know the PH of the water i can tell you its well water and the temp. is 77.
please help i dont want to lose him i havent lost any yet.
i may be able to post a pic later
bettafishfinnatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:28 PM   #2 
Sena Hansler

Today, right?

Some bettas sulk, sleep, or are stressed when they first arrive. Just let him settle in
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:32 PM   #3 
bettafishfinnatic

well earlier like 2 or 3ish ok ill take your word for it he seems to be active and then just stops
Old 06-19-2012, 11:50 PM   #4 
Sena Hansler

Fish do sleep Some fish are not used to as much activity, and need to build themselves up to it - like we would for a marathon.

He is also a baby... being smaller, and you mentioned he has larger fins for a baby, which for long finned bettas it takes more effort to swim around
Old 06-19-2012, 11:59 PM   #5 
bettafishfinnatic

ture so nothing to really worry about?
Old 06-20-2012, 09:04 AM   #6 
Sena Hansler

Not for today, and perhaps tomorrow. Some bettas do take a longer time to adjust. But keep an eye on him!!

And I will warn since he is a baby, it's a bit harder to care for him... But, good foods (preferably variety!!) and clean water he should do just fine.

Can we have a picture? =D
Old 06-20-2012, 11:14 AM   #7 
bettafishfinnatic

ok i have the heater of the communtiy beside his tank and when im done uploading them