Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-20-2012, 07:05 PM   #1 
gabe3366

New betta

Hey everyone...I'm new to this forum. Anyways I recently picked up a male ct betta from my lfs. He was really skinny when I got him but he has thickened up since then. I have him in a ten gallon with a marina s20.
I thought he was pretty nice looking for a chain petstore betta but idk I'll let you guys decide

Also I currently don't have a hood/light so the pictures did not show is colours for some reason. So I did adjust the brightness on some of the photos

Here's some pictures of him
gabe3366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:21 PM   #2 
Nuts4Mutts

I'm brand new too... I can't even figure out how to post my own post/forum? Where do you go to do that?
Just got my lil' betta today. Named him Tintin after 'the adventures of TinTin'. I got him & his whole setup at a little local reptile store [they also specialize in fish, yes. lol! ]... I was SO torn between the really pretty crowntail royal-blue one, and the gorgeous halfmoon sky blue/pink/white one. I decided to get the hm. Also got a snail to help keep the bowl clean.
Nuts4Mutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:22 PM   #3 
mattoboy

Pretty bettas both of you :D
mattoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:27 PM   #4 
Nuts4Mutts

Can anyone explain to me where to go/click to start my own thread? I'm so confused right now! I can reply to threads, but I have no idea how to start my own? [Where's Waldo? hahaha!]
Old 06-20-2012, 07:31 PM   #5 
Nuts4Mutts

Ok sorry for being the stupid idiot newbie. I figured out now. Hehe.... *hides face with one hand* total embarrassment. lol!
Old 06-20-2012, 07:34 PM   #6 
laoshun

i love the color on your second HM.
laoshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:35 PM   #7 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuts4Mutts View Post
Can anyone explain to me where to go/click to start my own thread? I'm so confused right now! I can reply to threads, but I have no idea how to start my own? [Where's Waldo? hahaha!]
You have to go to the Section where you want to start your Thread, and above all the Threads you see on the Left, it says Start New Thread. You click it and make it!!! All Done! You could find the Button to add it to the Section.

EDIT: Late Response!!! I hate it when that happens. Anyways, good thing you found how to do it!!! I have a Hard Time explaining things... -_-
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:53 PM   #8 
gabe3366

Very nice betta nuts4mutts.

Also does anyone know what type of betta mine is? (I know it's a crowntail). I looked on aquabid and they have all sorts names (ex. black red copper, blue marble, etc...)
Would it be a blue red green CT male????
gabe3366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:56 PM   #9 
LebronTheBetta

It seems to be a Multi Colored. Just like mine.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:57 AM   #10 
Nuts4Mutts

@gabe3366 It's a little hard to tell just what his colors are in the pictures. I'm not even exactly sure what my fish's color is, but I'm pretty sure his 'pattern' is called "butterfly" [because of the 2 bands of color in his tail]. His color is so odd, if the light is right, he is a perfect turquoise on one side & then a dusty rose on the other... so my guess for his color is 'two-tone'.

I think yours would be a bicolor pattern maybe? I see Navy & red, but I could be wrong & he might look different in real life than the pics. My suggestion, drown yourself in pictures of bettas, when you find one that looks like yours, try to find out what color they call it.
Google Images are the perfect start ;) I'm still trying to find one that looks like Tintin right now...