Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-20-2012, 10:44 PM   #1 
surprize30

Cool betta suicide...

so i was cleaning my betta fish, axell, cage the other day and so while i was doing tht i placed him i n a small container for the time being but i had fallen asleep waiting on the water to get to the right temperature and when i woke up he was lying besides his cup... needless to say i was verry dissapointed.. but i had put him in his tank just to see if he was alive. i was verry excited to see he was alive and by the next 2 mornings he was doing fine i got verry lucky here but that just goes to show bettas DO NOT like cups!!!! i now keep my bettas in a 2 gallon, heated, bucket while i clean there tanks
surprize30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:50 PM   #2 
Kenny G

Just goes to show how important lids are. Betta's are known for jumping. Glad to hear your betta is fine and back to normal.
Kenny G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #3 
cjconcepcion

im glad to hear that he is alright. in the wild, they jump from puddle to puddle until they get into a big enough body of water. its okay to keep him in a cup when you change his water, just keep it covered so he cant get out. he wasnt trying to kill himself, he was just trying to get back into his tank and missed :O
cjconcepcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:52 PM   #4 
Katy

They tend to jump regardless, so always be careful, and make sure they are in a covered container (that allows oxygen in) whether it is their home or a holding container while cleaning.
I lost a new betta due to my irresponsibility... she jumped out and though she lived for about 6 hours when I put her back in, she eventually died. One of my saddest losses.
Glad your betta did fine- be careful!
Katy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:09 PM   #5 
LebronTheBetta

This is why Lids are important. Good Thing he's still alive!!!
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:15 PM   #6 
surprize30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katy View Post
They tend to jump regardless, so always be careful, and make sure they are in a covered container (that allows oxygen in) whether it is their home or a holding container while cleaning.
I lost a new betta due to my irresponsibility... she jumped out and though she lived for about 6 hours when I put her back in, she eventually died. One of my saddest losses.
Glad your betta did fine- be careful!
dang u have 15 bettas??? u r soo lucky i only have 4 i have 3 males and one femail but 15 thats crazy!!! i cant wait to get that many i have to save up for mine including hving back up kmoney incase my food spills and i need to get more or incase i need water conditioner or something but 15 bettas that sounds awesome!!!
surprize30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:11 AM   #7 
lyolya

Quote:
Originally Posted by surprize30 View Post
dang u have 15 bettas??? u r soo lucky i only have 4 i have 3 males and one femail but 15 thats crazy!!! i cant wait to get that many i have to save up for mine including hving back up kmoney incase my food spills and i need to get more or incase i need water conditioner or something but 15 bettas that sounds awesome!!!
ONLY 4? :) i Only have 1. lol i don't like having a bunch of tanks clogging up my room. it's enough that each fish requires its own tank :p
lyolya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:25 AM   #8 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyolya View Post
ONLY 4? :) i Only have 1. lol i don't like having a bunch of tanks clogging up my room. it's enough that each fish requires its own tank :p
Haha! That's why I have a 10 gallon. Currently quarantining but eventually will house 5 female sorority :D
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #9 
lelei

Started out with one, lol..one..and now recently took in a rescue, who's temp being housed in a Qt for fin rot.. which is a Kritter keeper, med size, and still has a hidey hole, and some gravel, and sm plants, but will eventually go into a heated 3 gal, my sammy's prev home, because I moved him into a 5 gal all to himself..Now I can eventually get another fishy after I get our rescue fishy into the 3 gal..haha..yep, our family is growing..lol") Don't see having 15..but we are at 2 - so u never know..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:47 AM   #10 
lelei

Oh, yea and btw..for water changes, I keep sammy in another small size kk..with cover on:) the rescue, is not jumpin at this time, and when I change his water he goes back in the Petco bowl, and I keep my eye on him and I can tell he won't for a while..:(
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote