Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-21-2012, 10:48 AM   #11 
lyolya

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
Haha! That's why I have a 10 gallon. Currently quarantining but eventually will house 5 female sorority :D
lol absolutely! i bet it's gonna look nice :) i keep thinking of putting my 20 gal back up, but man i don't wanna deal with all the filter noise in my room, it's like a water orchestra lol if i ever do, i'll prolly move my betta tank to the hallway :p hmmmmm, maybe the other way around if to think of it lol
lyolya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:25 PM   #12 
Whittni

Goodness, I thought I was going to read about a dead fish, glad he lived!!
Whittni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:42 PM   #13 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyolya View Post
lol absolutely! i bet it's gonna look nice :) i keep thinking of putting my 20 gal back up, but man i don't wanna deal with all the filter noise in my room, it's like a water orchestra lol if i ever do, i'll prolly move my betta tank to the hallway :p hmmmmm, maybe the other way around if to think of it lol
Did you try to baffle the filter?
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:24 PM   #14 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Yikes...Yes they can jump and I had Perseus over a month before I saw him jump, he had his nose on the surface of the water and all of sudden jumped three times in a row I was so excited to see that ! Good thing I always keep the lid to his tank on except at feeding time and now he has started to jump abit for his food. Happy to hear your little guy is okay.
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:07 PM   #15 
lyolya

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
Did you try to baffle the filter?
yeh, mine right now is baffled too. there's still sound of water and a bit of mechanical sound, and when there are a few filters running at once in the same room it's a bit much for me. u especially get to appreciate the silence during the cleaning time when u turn everything off and notice such a huge change lol

idk, maybe it's just me :)
Old 06-21-2012, 09:11 PM   #16 
lyolya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseusmom View Post
Yikes...Yes they can jump and I had Perseus over a month before I saw him jump, he had his nose on the surface of the water and all of sudden jumped three times in a row I was so excited to see that ! Good thing I always keep the lid to his tank on except at feeding time and now he has started to jump abit for his food. Happy to hear your little guy is okay.
lol if i dont drop in the food fast enough, my fish would jump out and bite my fingers (and sometimes snatch the food too).

they are surely enthusiastic creatures!
Old 06-21-2012, 09:15 PM   #17 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyolya View Post
yeh, mine right now is baffled too. there's still sound of water and a bit of mechanical sound, and when there are a few filters running at once in the same room it's a bit much for me. u especially get to appreciate the silence during the cleaning time when u turn everything off and notice such a huge change lol

idk, maybe it's just me :)
LOL yeah, myfilter obviously isn't as strong as yours. I can hear it faintly but I increased the water level and baffled it so it doesn't bother me any more. I understand tho haha
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote