Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #21 
Nuts4Mutts

Eh that's okay, if I find any I'll try giving him one or two and see if he likes them or not 0.o

Your bettas are all so cool looking! I see a SpongeBob pineapple in there with teeny [I see it in the pic with Patrick ;)] so awesome!!! That is seriously THE only animated TV show that I have watched & ever want to watch, haha! [well... except Kung Fu Panda... that one's pretty cool] I just about got a little 2-inch spongebob to put in the aquarium so it could take care of Gary the snail ;p (but it was like just about to fall out of the package at walmart...)
Nuts4Mutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:51 PM   #22 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuts4Mutts View Post
Eh that's okay, if I find any I'll try giving him one or two and see if he likes them or not 0.o

Your bettas are all so cool looking! I see a SpongeBob pineapple in there with teeny [I see it in the pic with Patrick ;)] so awesome!!! That is seriously THE only animated TV show that I have watched & ever want to watch, haha! [well... except Kung Fu Panda... that one's pretty cool] I just about got a little 2-inch spongebob to put in the aquarium so it could take care of Gary the snail ;p (but it was like just about to fall out of the package at walmart...)
Thanks! Haha I had the figurine too. But I changed up my tank theme, now it's more natural looking. But I LOVE spongebob :D always have, always will.

Those pictures are embarrassing my tank was so empty cos I was broke xD
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:00 PM   #23 
Nuts4Mutts

Haha, yeah I noticed your little bettas seemed a little naked there. ;p That's one reason why I got a betta, because I just needed something in my room to pretty it up. I used to have a bird cage where the fish bowl is now.

What I would REALLY like to do is eventually find a bigger tank [my aunt found one at Goodwill (it was about 1.5ft tall & size of a dinner tray, idk how many gallons it held) for only 3$. That way nobody can nag me about Tintin not having enough room ;p Plus I could decorate a lot easier, I'll admit it's quite a hassle to try & put stuff 'just so' in his bowl right now.
Nuts4Mutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:27 PM   #24 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuts4Mutts View Post
Haha, yeah I noticed your little bettas seemed a little naked there. ;p That's one reason why I got a betta, because I just needed something in my room to pretty it up. I used to have a bird cage where the fish bowl is now.

What I would REALLY like to do is eventually find a bigger tank [my aunt found one at Goodwill (it was about 1.5ft tall & size of a dinner tray, idk how many gallons it held) for only 3$. That way nobody can nag me about Tintin not having enough room ;p Plus I could decorate a lot easier, I'll admit it's quite a hassle to try & put stuff 'just so' in his bowl right now.
Ooh! You totally should! Plus I imagine it can be heated which should make him much more active and colorful :D
Old 06-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #25 
ZackyBear

I'd say, chill out guys xD A tank minimum is 1 gal. So far it looks fine to me for what space she has.

Just as long as she does 100% water changes every 2-3 days with warm water then I'm sure he will be a happy boy. We're not here to tell her what she MUST have for her betta. We are only needing to tell her what she needs to do to make him happiest...well not even that, since all she asked was what his coloring was.

freecycle.org can be a good way to find cheaper tanks, as well as thrift stores, garage sales, and flea markets :3

Very beautiful boy! I think he's either a super delta or a HM :o Dunno about the coloring though....
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:37 PM   #26 
misty1477

Nice looking Betta :) BUT....I feel that tank is too small. I have my guy in a 5.5 gallon and he has tons of room to swim around....especially back & forth. Just going 'round and 'round and up and down seems sad to me. I originally had my "Sparkle" in a 'vase-type' home, but I felt sorry for him. So I invested in the 5.5 gallon tank and he is a super happy Betta :) BTW....go for a GLASS tank...plastic/acrylic scratches. Good Luck And Have Fun :)
misty1477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:37 PM   #27 
teeneythebetta

Sorry if I came off as a jerk :(

Everyone has their own idea of an ideal tank- mine is 2.5 g with a heater. I understand not everyone agrees just adding my $0.02 :/
Old 06-22-2012, 01:48 PM   #28 
ZackyBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
Sorry if I came off as a jerk :(

Everyone has their own idea of an ideal tank- mine is 2.5 g with a heater. I understand not everyone agrees just adding my $0.02 :/
*pats* I didn't mean to give you a sadface D: I'm sure once she gets everything in order she will upgrade her boy~

Though some longer-finned males do better in smaller tanks. It just really depends on the owner :3

Power to her beautiful boy! *fistbump*
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:35 PM   #29 
BETTACHKALOVE

+1
BETTACHKALOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:51 PM   #30 
lelei

I love the fishy..and to add a comment about the food, I have noticed even with my first fishy.. that I tried Wardly betta pellets, and it was a no go, I know there are other pellets, and flakes, but when I first got our Sammy he was not looking his best 2 mos later after he's been on a steady diet of Haikari Gold micro pellets
2-3 Pellets 3x a day:)

You can see his growth, and color burst..and the energy he has is quite amazing.. and because my boy has grown, and outgrown his 3 gal I recently put him in a 5 gal, and he is like the King of his new Castle, it is a great investment to see how a fishy really swims, when you give him the room to do so, and the right food to keep a healthy boy happy and strong")
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote