Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-22-2012, 06:18 PM   #11 
Bethydan

Yeah, the Magster's kind of a teddy bear anyway. He just doesn't waste energy on petty things like flaring and aggression.

However, Padan IS known to patrol his half and flare randomly every night. Just to make sure nobody snuck in. Somebody actually does sneak in and he just cuddles. >_<

I walked into my room and found them after arriving home from my 9 hour shift, so I have no clue how long they were together for. They were swimming around for a few seconds together and were most definitely aware of each other's presence. Padan wiggled up to Mags and then looked pointedly at the water's surface. I think he was seriously waiting for pellets to drop down. So of course Mags knew to watch that spot for food as well. I just sat there with my mouth open for a bit trying to comprehend what I was seeing.
Bethydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:20 PM   #12 
teeneythebetta

Aww that's so cute!
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:21 PM   #13 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethydan View Post
Yeah, the Magster's kind of a teddy bear anyway. He just doesn't waste energy on petty things like flaring and aggression.

However, Padan IS known to patrol his half and flare randomly every night. Just to make sure nobody snuck in. Somebody actually does sneak in and he just cuddles. >_<

I walked into my room and found them after arriving home from my 9 hour shift, so I have no clue how long they were together for. They were swimming around for a few seconds together and were most definitely aware of each other's presence. Padan wiggled up to Mags and then looked pointedly at the water's surface. I think he was seriously waiting for pellets to drop down. So of course Mags knew to watch that spot for food as well. I just sat there with my mouth open for a bit trying to comprehend what I was seeing.
Lol, that's like the sorority and TDP
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:50 PM   #14 
Blue Fish

LOL! I love these stories of show-off males and oddly non-aggressive "siblings". ;)

I knew a guy who when he was a kid (This was a long time ago, they were about 6, I'm not excusing them, but he's a wonderful man who is great to animals, he and his wife breed horses and they have a giant aquarium at home...just felt the need to say that before going further... ;) and someone gave him and his brother 2 betta fish. Well, they'd heard that the fish would fight if put together, and being curious little boys, they decided to see what would happen. They fully expected "totally awesome fish fighting", but what they ended up with were two completely happy male bettas who lived together for years. ;)

I'll have to tell Charlie that I found out about some other people who also have happy cohabitating male bettas. :)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:52 PM   #15 
xShainax

I think TDP is all bark and no bite.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:36 PM   #16 
Bethydan

Quote:
I think TDP is all bark and no bite.
We must have betta-brothers. Padan seems to be the same way. He loves to strut his stuff, but put him in a situation where he could actually kick butt and he just wants food.
Bethydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:39 PM   #17 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethydan View Post
We must have betta-brothers. Padan seems to be the same way. He loves to strut his stuff, but put him in a situation where he could actually kick butt and he just wants food.
xD Exactly
Old 06-24-2012, 04:53 AM   #18 
ninjafish

Oh my gosh, how funny is that! I'm glad they didn't hurt each other. Some of these guys really are little pigs. :D
ninjafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:21 AM   #19 
Twilight Storm

Love everyone's stories in this thread. I'm so glad no ones bettas were hurt!

If I saw two of my males together I would have a face on me like Zackybears signature guy! I always make sure the divider went to the top of the tank glass hood because I am sooooo paranoid! LOL!

I can imagine your face while your boys were sitting there going "Hi, welcome back, where's my food now please?"

It's still something I wouldn't recommend people try just to see if their bettas would be happy together since it is pretty rare. BettaTalk has a fun article on bettas having stronger mouths then sharks for their size.

If anyone wants to read it for fun, it's under her betta anatomy section:
http://www.bettatalk.com/betta_anatomy.htm

I have my baby betta next to a full grown VT, when I exercise the baby and he really gets going he sometimes charges the VT and the VT FLYS to the other side of his tank and acts submissive before getting his brave back on. The baby is a quarter of the size of the VT LOL! I just can't imagine any of my bettas getting along with each other. :D
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:18 AM   #20 
bettapop8

If I ever saw 2 of my male Bettas in the same tank together...I don't know how I would react! I guess I would just check for damaged fish first and then remove one from that side of the tank, make sure the divider was fully up and then put him back on his side. But, just like Twilight Storm said, it is good to hear to Bettas were harmed!
bettapop8 is offline   Reply With Quote