Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-20-2012, 09:17 PM   #11 
Twilight Storm

It won't be long for the 10 gallon to cycle, then you won't have tanks all over the place and the husband can stop panicking. :) I still say if the betta made that much of an impression on you you SHOULD get him. He is beautiful, and that face on him is adorable... I am guessing no word is no betta but I have to ask, did you convince the husband to let you have the other tank running knitterly?
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:59 PM   #12 
bettafishfinnatic

our petco dosnt even sell fish ):
bettafishfinnatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:53 AM   #13 
Knitterly

I haven't convinced him yet, but yesterday we "Had" to spend an hour at Petsmart because our car was getting new tires and it was the only place to entertain the kids nearby. I got him to admit that he understands why one would want a separate male tank. He fell in love with a blue and green double tail halfmoon.... or was it a double double ray CT? I can't remember, but he was swooning over the fish. It was so cute. As soon as the tank cycles, I'll bring it up again. LOL.

It feels like I've been waiting FOREVER... because we didn't have a heater for the first 10 days. DH seemed to think we didn't need one, so I bought one on the sly. Now we've waited another 10 days... waiting waiting, just keep waiting...

I do still want that guy, though. SIgh.
Knitterly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:15 AM   #14 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knitterly View Post
I haven't convinced him yet, but yesterday we "Had" to spend an hour at Petsmart because our car was getting new tires and it was the only place to entertain the kids nearby. I got him to admit that he understands why one would want a separate male tank. He fell in love with a blue and green double tail halfmoon.... or was it a double double ray CT? I can't remember, but he was swooning over the fish. It was so cute. As soon as the tank cycles, I'll bring it up again. LOL.

It feels like I've been waiting FOREVER... because we didn't have a heater for the first 10 days. DH seemed to think we didn't need one, so I bought one on the sly. Now we've waited another 10 days... waiting waiting, just keep waiting...

I do still want that guy, though. SIgh.
Aww :( You should see how hard it is for me to look at the males! I'm only allowed to have 1 tank(due to the fact that in my room there is only 1 surface that has a plug and can hold a tank.) And it is a 10 gallon, soon-to-be sorority. No males here :( And, although I LOVE female bettas, pretty males are VERY easy to find. I saw a delta tail the other day at petco, he was orange and white
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:22 PM   #15 
princessgata

I have to sneak my new betta in my husband doesn't notice for least a month just snuck in my new crown tail female she so cute and new male .I'm up to eight betta he only knows about 4
princessgata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #16 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessgata View Post
I have to sneak my new betta in my husband doesn't notice for least a month just snuck in my new crown tail female she so cute and new male .I'm up to eight betta he only knows about 4
Lol that's so gonna be me one day!
Old 06-22-2012, 09:24 PM   #17 
Knitterly

LOL. Good news on MY male dreams, at least...

Last night at dinner, my husband casually says, 'You know, once the girls are all in the sorority, I can totally see wanting to put a male in a bowl in our bedroom." I said, "Or put him in the 3gal tank in the girls' bathroom with and LED light." He says, "No, in our room."

ROFLMAO.

He's been bitten by the betta bug and wants one of his own.

Of course, I'll have to do all the cleaning, and he's going to want a double tail or a CT and not my beautiful Plakat boy, but hey, we're on our way!
Knitterly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:30 PM   #18 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knitterly View Post
LOL. Good news on MY male dreams, at least...

Last night at dinner, my husband casually says, 'You know, once the girls are all in the sorority, I can totally see wanting to put a male in a bowl in our bedroom." I said, "Or put him in the 3gal tank in the girls' bathroom with and LED light." He says, "No, in our room."

ROFLMAO.

He's been bitten by the betta bug and wants one of his own.

Of course, I'll have to do all the cleaning, and he's going to want a double tail or a CT and not my beautiful Plakat boy, but hey, we're on our way!
Aww! I bet if he picks out the Betta and everything for the tank, the Betta bug will bite him harder and ... He will let you have as many as you can care for :D
Old 06-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #19 
lelei

Well, I will tell you, I am bitten and bad, I had one, and now I have a rescue..and I am so ready to get another one, I have been looking at some DT's (double) and CT's at Petco, and since where my rescue is a VT and my first fishy is a HM..well now I need a CT..yes, It will happen ..

I had to leave so many behind, and want to go back and dream again..of having my own picked out..my first one, in my Avi my daughter picked out..no say in that..and my 2nd a rescue..no say in that other than I want to do it..he looked soo bad..now he's doing quite well..and to see those CT's looking at me, and one of them was flaring up a storm when I put him down..I started looking at the DT's and kings..uggh such a hard choice..need more tanks..:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote