Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #21 
thekinetic

I remember I was working at my uncle's house one year and found a litter of kittens, with their mother, in their bushes. I brought it to their attention and my aunt being the animal lover she is took them in and found homes for them all save two which she kept. Two beautiful gray haired cats, neither likes me but that's not uncommon as most cats don't like me, and she loves both of them.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:55 PM   #22 
teeneythebetta

Aww how sweet of you to take care of the poor babies. I hope they find great homes where the owner will have them spayed/neutered an NOT declaw them! Keep us posted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymon78 View Post
Thats what happens when irresponsible cat owners do not get their cats neutered.. If you can't afford to pay the vets bill to have it done, then don't own cats. I have 2 cats (both neutered) and I hate it when I see the male toms come snooping around, spraying and being aggressive. And the females howling at night. People are so stupid.

Kudos for taking them in, at least they weren't put in a weighted bag and dropped in a river or lake somewhere... I am sure that goes on too. poor animals.
+1
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:35 PM   #23 
registereduser

In almost every community you can find some kind of LOW COST s/n program for cats and dogs, or some kind of finacial aid. People just don't care enough to look.

Where I live the local HS will s/n cats for only $10!
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:44 PM   #24 
teeneythebetta

I've been working with a TNR program catching ferals to be spayed/neutered in my neighborhood.

We caught one the other day and I had to keep her in my garage over night because her appointment was the following morning. She looked so sad I felt so bad but I know it was best. She actually peed in my moms car but we had a blanket under the trap so it didn't get on the carpet xD
We've caught and altered all the females. There's still a few kittens but they run away and never go near the traps... Then the males :/
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:22 AM   #25 
Oldfishlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
In almost every community you can find some kind of LOW COST s/n program for cats and dogs, or some kind of finacial aid. People just don't care enough to look.

Where I live the local HS will s/n cats for only $10!
Had it not been for programs like this in my area-I wouldn't have been able to keep all the cats I do......It cost $10.00 each-plus $5.00 for rabies and they accept home vaccination and I do all my own for about $2.00 per animal .....you do have to complete paper work, submit it...etc.....a little work on your end....but worth every second-take them in at 8AM and pick up at 4pm....Now if I can just catch the 2 new feral cats that showed up...lol....2 new Toms it looks like....Hard to live trap...always seem to catch my own...lol...
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:09 AM   #26 
registereduser

You rock OFL! I'm sure you will get them sooner or later
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:23 AM   #27 
Fabian

Some people can't understand pain they are doing for animals.Once i was on my way to a lfs to look for a betta,i saw a male cat with his hind legs broken near a coffee shop.I felt so sad looking at him crawling away from me.
Fabian is offline   Reply With Quote