Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-21-2012, 10:09 PM   #1 
Canuck Fins

Where to Buy Light Bulb?

I want to replace the light bulb in my tank, but what I bought before isn't in stock anywhere so I don't know what to buy. Previous bulb under brand Glo (made by Hagen), 15watt/6500K, full spectrum, screw in.

Tank is 5G Hawkeye, cycled for a little more than a year, live plants, one betta.

Any tips on where to buy a new light bulb (online or offline) or suggestions on brand? Sort of frustrated with local shops. Thanks. :)
Canuck Fins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #2 
Sowman

I have the same tank as my QT and I get the light bulbs at Walmart. I have had a few light fixtures break in my other tanks and I've gone to Home Depot and replaced the fixtures with some basic light bulb fixture.
Sowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:30 PM   #3 
Canuck Fins

I had tried Walmart, but I couldn't find anything there the size I need. Thanks though. :)
Old 06-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #4 
ZergyMonster

Home Depot, Lowes, or any home improvement store for that matter. They have a variety and whole department devoted to lighting. I'm a certain that you will find the size and type that you need.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:31 PM   #5 
steve watson

uhm can i keep a betta in a 1 gallon bowl its an aqua culture with the led light?? plzz help
steve watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:48 PM   #6 
ZergyMonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve watson View Post
uhm can i keep a betta in a 1 gallon bowl its an aqua culture with the led light?? plzz help
I would recommend that you go create your own thread to get your own feed back instead of taking over another person's question.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #7 
Canuck Fins

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve watson View Post
The reason for the concern with my light bulb is that I'm using a grow light to support the live plantings in my aquarium. Light source is less of a concern when you don't have real plants.

There are many threads on here regarding appropriate tank sizes if you look. Generally, 2.5 gallons is the recommended smallest size.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:20 PM   #8 
Ilikebutterflies

Can't you use a regular 6500K cfl to support plants? I have those for my tank. I sealed them with aquarium sealant before I put them in. I couldn't find them at my Wal-Mart either. I did find them at Lowes but had to look around a little because they come in two sizes now. One was going to be to big to fit in the plastic shroud but the regular sized one fit fine. I have two of them for my 10 gallon tank so one for a 5g should work right?
Ilikebutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote