Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-23-2012, 07:17 PM   #11 
mlasater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
No problem. Send a private message to a Moderator. They are found in bold on the main page that shows who is online. It's a box in the bottom left corner. Click on one of them and you should see something that says send a private message. Dramaqueen and Byron are online right now. Both great people. Actually all of them are nice.

Click on one of the names in bold (Mod)

Go to contact info and click send a private message. Sometimes it's helpful to include a link to this thread so they can see what you wrote. So, copy and paste a link to this thread to your private message too.
Thanks for the instructions! I think I will send them a message once I get a good picture of my fish so they can really see what I'm dealing with.
mlasater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:25 PM   #12 
lelei

I am actually going to PM Old fish Lady..she is an expert on these things..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:07 PM   #13 
mlasater

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
I am actually going to PM Old fish Lady..she is an expert on these things..
Cool. Please let me know what she says if you can. I'm hesitated continuing the treatment with Kanaplex as it seemed to have made it worse. Today would have been the 3rd and final dose, according to the instructions. I think I got some good pictures of my fish so I'm going to try to post some.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:18 PM   #14 
lelei

I did just PM her, and I posted my own concerns, as well. So hopefully we can get some answers. In the meantime I would stop using the treatment and clean the water 100% change, I just did the same thing, eliminating the salt but changed the water 100% and my fishy is fine, just that red that is bothering me too..
Old 06-23-2012, 08:25 PM   #15 
mlasater

Here are some pictures of the redness and overall quality of his fins. Not very good :/ I always remember how he was when I first got him about 3 years ago and how perfectly blue he was. Over the years he got some red and the quality just declined. Nothing has ever made it better but he seemed fine but now it's getting more red so I just want to make sure it's not serious or anything.

Something to note, though: He did just get over being very seriously ill. He was swollen and started pineconing and had some white on his body. I really thought his whole body was shutting down because of old age. I treated him with different medications and nothing seem to be working. I even bought clove oil just in case I had to put him to sleep But then one morning everything just went away and he was perfectly fine and starting eating again and his activity level is better than it's been in months! I don't know what I did, but I guess it worked

I just wanted to add all that because he is still healing and I am watching him very carefully now because he went through a lot. But anyways, here are the pictures:
Attached Images

Old 06-23-2012, 08:32 PM   #16 
lelei

I noticed you mentioned that your fishy is 3 yrs old, I wonder in his case if it is age related, that overall color that is washing out his green, or blue, is something else, I think, I am not sure, the fishy in my pic, is only a few months old, and It's disturbing to try and guess what the illnesses are, but I hope we can get some answers soon:) I hope your fishy is ok:)
Old 06-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #17 
mlasater

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
I noticed you mentioned that your fishy is 3 yrs old, I wonder in his case if it is age related, that overall color that is washing out his green, or blue, is something else, I think, I am not sure, the fishy in my pic, is only a few months old, and It's disturbing to try and guess what the illnesses are, but I hope we can get some answers soon:) I hope your fishy is ok:)

Yeah every time he gets sick or anything is wrong I kind of lean towards blaming his age, but like I said he was basically looking at "the light" and all of a sudden made a miraculous turn around. So I think he still has a few more years in him

Thanks for all your help though. I really appreciate it. With a pet fish, it's usually quite hard to get your questions answered because there are basically no fish vets around. I'm so glad I found this forum. It's been a life saver.

I'm glad your fish is well, other than the mysterious red. It's very beautiful :)
Old 06-23-2012, 08:41 PM   #18 
Shirleythebetta

I hate to say it but most betta's only live to three. He could be aging out since they are usually 6 months to a year when they are bought. He looks a little emaciated (slightly). But of course I am comparing that to my monsters who are abnormaly large. I would definatly get ahold of a Mod and see what they say. Just don't focus to much on color changes guys because a betta is known to change color for no reason at all. It's something they do throughout there life. I just recently bought a female who was grey and red, in a day she turned completly red. Another one I bought was solid white and now she is a lavender color with red streaks in her fins.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #19 
lelei

Is it weird to have just in the face tho, well in saying that I think I am seeing some in the finnage too, but around the eyes? I just hope I am not hurting him with the salt..
Old 06-23-2012, 08:57 PM   #20 
mlasater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
I hate to say it but most betta's only live to three. He could be aging out since they are usually 6 months to a year when they are bought. He looks a little emaciated (slightly). But of course I am comparing that to my monsters who are abnormaly large. I would definatly get ahold of a Mod and see what they say. Just don't focus to much on color changes guys because a betta is known to change color for no reason at all. It's something they do throughout there life. I just recently bought a female who was grey and red, in a day she turned completly red. Another one I bought was solid white and now she is a lavender color with red streaks in her fins.

I've heard bettas living up to about 5 years. And yeah he used to be a little chubbier but he's been really sick lately and wouldn't eat for a while so he got pretty skinny. But he's back to eating again so I think he's fine in that sense.

Tags
fin rot, fins, kanaplex, red