Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-24-2012, 12:15 AM   #6471 
Tikibirds

20G - gonna go au natural once i get a light and then some plants

somewhere in there is 4 females
it looks so empty compared to the 10G
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:57 AM   #6472 
Chibi

That's Vader's 10g home.... Very zen like, brings peace to my room lol... I placed like two aquatic plant seeds in the back... So i'll see if it grows... I want a sort of hiding spot for him but I can't decide on what to get to go with the theme.... :/ a temple, maybe??... but idk where to get a good one without breaking the bank, any suggestions??

Tiki!! I like your temple/shrine in the back, where did you get it???
Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:02 AM   #6473 
Batmantha

Set up a new home for my Giant today

4 Amazon Swords
1 Anubis attached to driftwood
2 Fontinalis Topiary Balls
A scuba helmet decoration
Smaller gravel
1 Mystery Snail

Made some washable, interchangeable backgrounds using fabric squares from spotlight that were only $2 each and some velcro dots so they could be velcro-ed to the back of the tank and then removed

Last edited by Batmantha; 06-24-2012 at 07:05 AM.
Batmantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:14 AM   #6474 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShainax View Post
My sorority tank, yes I need more plants and are getting them Sunday
Is that a 10 G?
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:16 AM   #6475 
happypappy

tank suggestion

I have the tetra water wonders, 1 gal and 2.5 gal minibow, a 5.5 gal, the the marineland crescent 3 gal. Of all these tanks, I really prefer the crescent 3 gal mainly because of the great led light that comes with it. The minibow are good -- but the light gets a little too hot and the 1 gal just isn't big enough. I think petsmart has the 2.5 minibow and crescent 3 on sale. I just paide $35 for the crescent.

Good luck ----
happypappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:19 AM   #6476 
happypappy

oh -- a second thing -- i have the floating log in 3 of the tanks -- I find the bettas in it every night to sleep!
Old 06-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #6477 
Lexipixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by happypappy View Post
I have the tetra water wonders, 1 gal and 2.5 gal minibow, a 5.5 gal, the the marineland crescent 3 gal. Of all these tanks, I really prefer the crescent 3 gal mainly because of the great led light that comes with it. The minibow are good -- but the light gets a little too hot and the 1 gal just isn't big enough. I think petsmart has the 2.5 minibow and crescent 3 on sale. I just paide $35 for the crescent.

Good luck ----
i think this might have been a response to my post? i'm not sure. haha.
anyway, i bought the marineland crescent 3 gal today! i'm getting it set up and cycled now... pretty excited to get my little Xavier in there - so much more room for him! and i also bought the floating log thing
Lexipixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:50 AM   #6478 
happypappy

crescent 3

Yea, I am setting up my 2d crescent for my black orchid crown today! He is so black I cannot see him in the 5 gal. I am hoping the led lighting will help --- I think you will be happy with the crescent -- The filter may be a little strong -- be sure to set is on low and maybe baffle it. good luck......
Old 06-24-2012, 11:01 AM   #6479 
Lexipixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by happypappy View Post
Yea, I am setting up my 2d crescent for my black orchid crown today! He is so black I cannot see him in the 5 gal. I am hoping the led lighting will help --- I think you will be happy with the crescent -- The filter may be a little strong -- be sure to set is on low and maybe baffle it. good luck......
yeah, the flow does seem like maybe too much even on the lowest. i was just looking at baffling and i found the tips on how to do it with a water bottle, but what i saw (i need pictures... i'm a visual person. haha) was for a different filter and i'm not sure how to do it on this Tetra Whisper Medium size... do you have any tips for me on this?
Lexipixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:13 PM   #6480 
happypappy

sorry i don't. i ended up putting that filter in my 5.5 gallon and a smaller filter in it.
Don/t know what i am going to do with my new tank yet..... will let you know.

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank