Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-23-2012, 09:05 PM   #1 
djembekah

vacuumed a girl :/

cleaning up my community sorority, one of my girls (the alpha or the beta girl, she's up in the rankings as far as i can tell) chased the food i was vacuuming up. i yanked the tube up as fast as i could so she'd fall out, as it was one of those 'self starting' vacuums that i always suck on the end to start, but it seemed like forever. she fell back into the tank.

she looks alright, stressed, and she's swimming around with the other girls and the other fish like normal. she also looks beat up, scales missing. I've left her in the community so far, going to check on her every once in awhile.

is the best course of action just to watch her in the big tank? she is probably okay, but i'm paranoid and i feel absolutely TERRIBLE. i have 1 gallon tanks that can be quarantine tanks, but no heater for them.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:17 PM   #2 
prodrumernate

im sure he will be fine.maybe just scared a little...1 have a single female in a 2 gallon..he loves going down in the bubble tube with the bubbles on..when i had my sorority,my dominant loved hanging around my gravel vacuum..so im sure she just got a little scared knowing what happened..but im sure she will be completely fine after swimming for a while..jut keep an eye on her.any changes of course post and let us know
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:23 PM   #3 
djembekah

ok. she looks alright, if a little rough, a few scales lost. but if she starts going downhill, this is the first place i'll come
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:27 PM   #4 
prodrumernate

is it possible to post a quick pic of her to allow others to check her out to be on the safe side?ill keep an eye out to see if i get an email from this post as well as check back at times..hopefully others with more experience can join in and comment about it.id like to get a second opinion myself.
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:41 PM   #5 
Pogthefish

Try getting a weaker vacuum. All of your fish should be able to swim out of it. Also, I think she is just dazed, no worries ^_^
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:26 AM   #6 
Tikibirds

If she is doing OK she should be OK. I did the same thing to Ba Sing Se a few weeks back. I didnt see her and then I see her go up the tube and didnt see her fall back down. She got sucks up all the way and came out the other end A few missing scales but otherwise unharmed
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:46 PM   #7 
Bounce

Eeeek!!! I finally did this yesterday to one of my albino cory cats! I have four albinos and they're impossible to tell apart from one another except on tank cleaning day. Every time I vacuum the tank there's one that absolutely will not stay away from that tube and he finally succeeded in getting inside!

I squealed in horror as he was furiously spinning inside the tube near the bottom. He didn't get sucked up all the way to the top but was just suspended near the opening going round and round! I crimped the line and he just dropped out.

He's obviously a dare-devil!
Bounce is offline   Reply With Quote