Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #1 
lelei

Unhappy My Blue VT had Red in his Face!! Help

In the process of treating my rescue Blue VT for fin rot, he has been in his 1.75 gal Kritter keeper with daily 100% water changes for 3 days, in the begining he didn't have no energy, and did not want to eat, I finally got him to eat, and he is swimming fine, and has a lot more energy, his fin rot is clearing up, and he is opening his beautiful fins, but now he has some red in his face, and around his eyes, and I am not sure if this is his "Natural" color coming out, or if this is something wrong,

Please take a look at the pic, and if you could tell me what to do, or if it's ok.. Please I am already getting used to this lil guy, and I want to try to get him in Sammy's 3 gal, but I am not sure to continue to treat with AQ salt, and yea, if I didnt add that , I have been using the Aq salt treatment for the past 3 days 1/2 tsp, because I was nervous to use more, right away..
Attached Images

lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:09 PM   #2 
cjconcepcion

it could very much be just a red wash that is part of his natural coloring, if he was a generally duller color when you got him then this could just be his color coming out :)
cjconcepcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:06 AM   #3 
Kenny G

If the little guy is active, eating, fins healing and you don't see any other behavioral changes I'm sure he will be fine.
Kenny G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:49 PM   #4 
lelei

I am starting to think it's "Natural" coloring, because I see more today, and he is so active, and getting so good at swimming, I stopped the salt tho, out of fear, so I am not sure whether to keep him in salt treatment or go ahead and upgrade his tank??
Old 06-24-2012, 04:01 PM   #5 
laoshun

it should be fine, some bettas have that as a natural look but it could also be slight ammonia burns in an uncycled tank.
laoshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:23 PM   #6 
lelei

it should be fine, some bettas have that as a natural look but it could also be slight ammonia burns in an uncycled tank.
laoshunView Public ProfileSend a private message to laoshunFind More Posts by laoshunAdd laoshun to Your Contacts

@Iaoshun~ Oh, no don't say that, that is scary, he is in a Kritter keeper, and I have been changing the water every day..could that really happen even in 100% changed water daily?
Old 06-24-2012, 04:30 PM   #7 
lelei

Picture of Sapphire Today

Does this look a lil clearer to be able to tell if Natural? I see red in his Ventrals, and in his lower fin (still unsure)
Attached Images

Old 06-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #8 
laoshun

well if thats the case and ur water quality is fine, then it happens from time to time. One of my bettas has that kind of scar/ streak on his cheek a couple weeks after i purchased him a while ago. he's as healthy as ever.
laoshun is offline   Reply With Quote