Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-25-2012, 01:12 PM   #21 
Nuts4Mutts

WOW! I'm honestly shocked that I got this many replies! =D Thanks you guys SO much for sparing that tedious time & all your eyes' energy on that tiny writing to give me some good answers!
Yeah, when I saw wheat as the 2nd ingredient I thought 'ehh... not the best' so I'm gonna try to find a food that has wheat as at least the 3rd... but there are only like 3 places around here that would sell betta food =\ Walmart (garbage food...) the little reptile store (they only sell the kind that I have - I got it from them) and maybe the mini pet mart in town... idk if mom will take me there or not though 0.o
(As you can tell we live in an area that has lame stores, lol!)

Thanks again everyone for the great info! I do believe in premium nutrition, but I seriously can't afford it for my dogs (going through a 40lb bag every 3-4 weeks with my 3 piggy dogs), so I DEFINITELY will try to afford it for my fish.... Tintin's veeerrryyyyyy far from eating 9C of food a day (*glares at my dog, Otto, after he gobbled up his 9C*)... I don't even think Tin would finish 9C in his lifetime.... haha!
Nuts4Mutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:36 PM   #22 
teeneythebetta

LOL yeah. I try to give my Cat's high quality wet food from time to time but for my wallet I must feed the cheap crap most of the time :( that's one thing I look forward to with adulthood- I can feed my pets well. :) I'm not having kids anyways LOL.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #23 
kfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
LOL yeah. I try to give my Cat's high quality wet food from time to time but for my wallet I must feed the cheap crap most of the time :( that's one thing I look forward to with adulthood- I can feed my pets well. :) I'm not having kids anyways LOL.
I give my cat raw chicken scraps that I'd otherwise throw away (the fatty pieces), but yeah... that's about it. Can't afford the expensive stuff. :( I can't wait until I'm graduated (one more semester!) and have my career so I can feed him well.
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:42 PM   #24 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfish View Post
I give my cat raw chicken scraps that I'd otherwise throw away (the fatty pieces), but yeah... that's about it. Can't afford the expensive stuff. :( I can't wait until I'm graduated (one more semester!) and have my career so I can feed him well.
Aww :3 I tried that once and my cat PUKED all over. Lol sry maybe a little TMI. it was only a couple tablespoons worth of chicken. :/
We give my dogs leftover meat. Once DeeOhJee ate a pork chop with two bites, he practically swallowed it whole O__O
Old 06-25-2012, 02:03 PM   #25 
kfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
Aww :3 I tried that once and my cat PUKED all over. Lol sry maybe a little TMI. it was only a couple tablespoons worth of chicken. :/
We give my dogs leftover meat. Once DeeOhJee ate a pork chop with two bites, he practically swallowed it whole O__O
Lol! My cat does that when he eats too fast. Maybe yours was like, "ZOMG CHICKENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN /devour /puke"
Old 06-25-2012, 09:58 PM   #26 
Nuts4Mutts

Ohhh yes, our cat, Millie, is the oddest cat ever - she WILL NOT eat ANY cat food! We've tried countless brands, canned, all-natural, we even tried a sample of Cat Lovers' Gold [some of the best food available]... and then we tried to offer her nothing but the catfood for almost a week, she would have died before she ate it I swear!
So what DOES she eat? She gets one raw chicken leg a day & loves it. She also gets peanut butter as a treat. Spoiled kitty....

She's also like about the weirdest-colored cat you'll lay eyes on..... I'll get a pic up sometime of her (all my pics are on my old PC, which it doesn't work anymore... =\)
Old 06-25-2012, 10:00 PM   #27 
kfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuts4Mutts View Post
Ohhh yes, our cat, Millie, is the oddest cat ever - she WILL NOT eat ANY cat food! We've tried countless brands, canned, all-natural, we even tried a sample of Cat Lovers' Gold [some of the best food available]... and then we tried to offer her nothing but the catfood for almost a week, she would have died before she ate it I swear!
So what DOES she eat? She gets one raw chicken leg a day & loves it. She also gets peanut butter as a treat. Spoiled kitty....

She's also like about the weirdest-colored cat you'll lay eyes on..... I'll get a pic up sometime of her (all my pics are on my old PC, which it doesn't work anymore... =\)
Lol!!! You know, now that I think about it, I probably COULD afford to buy a cheap package of legs/thighs as cat food. :P I would never eat them (I hate chicken thighs!!!) but my cat most DEFINITELY would, haha.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:01 PM   #28 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

My boxer gags when she tastes blood. Spits out anything raw. We undercooked meat once, she spit it out. It was like, half cooked, NOT good enough. She licked her cut she got once but acted like she was gonna throw up so stopped.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:04 PM   #29 
Nuts4Mutts

Wow! That's so weird your boxer hates blood, Olympia! Maybe she's making a vegetarian statement or something! Haha ;) Otto eats anything, so he doesn't really care... Shasta's weird though, he either goes savage over raw meat & gobbles it up, or he's really picky & spits it back out [so far raw chicken takes him the longest to eat...] Cassy will eat it, if there's nothing better to go for...
Old 06-25-2012, 10:07 PM   #30 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
My boxer gags when she tastes blood. Spits out anything raw. We undercooked meat once, she spit it out. It was like, half cooked, NOT good enough. She licked her cut she got once but acted like she was gonna throw up so stopped.
Aww. At least you know shes not a vampire! xD (that was a rly lame joke but that's what I though when I read that xD)