Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-25-2012, 07:28 PM   #11 
bettapop8

Ok, cool! Once I can learn how to concentrate on one fish and keep him alive, I hope to buy some more. But, if I ever want to put more than 1 female fish in a tank, I guarantee you, I'll do my research! I don't want anything bad to happen! But, the females don't fight like males do, right?
bettapop8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:35 PM   #12 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettapop8 View Post
Ok, cool! Once I can learn how to concentrate on one fish and keep him alive, I hope to buy some more. But, if I ever want to put more than 1 female fish in a tank, I guarantee you, I'll do my research! I don't want anything bad to happen! But, the females don't fight like males do, right?
Yes, females CAN fight just like males. Certain individual females are more aggressive and cannot live with other females (we refer to multiple female tanks as a sorority) Females and males should never live together, males and males should never live together and like I said females can live with females if you get docile females and have the proper set up. :) They will nip at each other in the beginning but establish a pecking order and make it work.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:37 PM   #13 
bettapop8

Ok, great! Thanks again for all your help!
Old 06-25-2012, 07:40 PM   #14 
teeneythebetta

Noo problem! I look forward to hearing about your Betta! Careful, bettas are addictive Lol. I sent you a friend request :3
Old 06-25-2012, 07:47 PM   #15 
teeneythebetta

Oh BTW- important tip- NEVER listen to information pet store employees tell you. They are 99% of the time clueless when itcomes to Betta care. That's the reason most stores have plenty of filthy betta cups, and sick/dying/dead Bettas on the shelves :'(
Old 06-25-2012, 07:56 PM   #16 
bettapop8

Ok thanks for the tip. Yeah, the guy at the pet store kept saying "uh...and yeah...change the water....and uh yeah...take care of him." It was like he didn't even know about them, yet he was working at a pet store and selling betta fish! And, I am SO addicted to Betta fish already! I want to just go out and buy a whole bunch!
Old 06-25-2012, 07:58 PM   #17 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettapop8 View Post
Ok thanks for the tip. Yeah, the guy at the pet store kept saying "uh...and yeah...change the water....and uh yeah...take care of him." It was like he didn't even know about them, yet he was working at a pet store and selling betta fish! And, I am SO addicted to Betta fish already! I want to just go out and buy a whole bunch!
Yeah it is not uncommon. I wish it were better, but it's not :(