Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-25-2012, 05:26 PM   #1 
labloverl

Safe Fake Plants

All of my plants come from walmart, and while they have a good selection, they're not always betta fish safe. One of my favorites I think is a hornwort, but it seems to pointy for bettas. I want to add a few more plants to my CT's tank, but I don't want them to rip his fins. I know about the way to test the plants to see if they're too rough, but I'd love to see pics of the fake plants that people have in their tanks.
labloverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:11 PM   #2 
xjenuhfur

If you can run a piece of pantyhose over the plant and it doesn't snag, it's fine. Also, live hornwort is okay for betta tanks. :)
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:20 PM   #3 
lelei

I have mostly silk plants..but if I use plastic..I get them from Amazon.com... Or Petco:) Igot a nicesoft plastic set tall and at the time didnt know about the hose test..and put the plant in tank..and it flows and sways inthe water like silk..very soft..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote