Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #481 
kfish

We never went to the doctor, but only because we never had health insurance, lol. When I broke my arm I went, though! I needed stitches in my knee, but my parents couldn't afford it so we glued/taped it. Thankfully, when I split my chin (bottom of my chin, that is) open I was being babysat by my mother's friend, so she paid for the stitches because she never should have let me sit on a picnic table to begin with, lol. We got insurance when I was a teenager, though, and it was really nice to not have to hear my mother say, "DON'T DO THAT WE DON'T HAVE INSURANCE" rofl

I'm pretty sure my mother would have taken me to the hospital (freaking out all the way) for a bat, though.

Last edited by kfish; 06-25-2012 at 10:41 AM.
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:43 AM   #482 
lvandert

@laki Yeah Joey was really bad. Before the surgery they did a stomach acid test. He had to com in on an empty stomach and they would have him drink/eat different things. They stopped at the glass of water (1st step) because his stomach treated to it like a jalapeno.

@kfish oh see my parents have full coverage, my dad works in the steel industry. I don't know if they were just to lazy to drive me there or what but I rarely went to the doctor.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:10 PM   #483 
cjayBetta

reading this makes me love canada more n more
cjayBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:14 PM   #484 
xShainax

I have medicaid and medicare.
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:16 PM   #485 
Pogthefish

Lol we have insurance, but every time my dad switches companies (they literally fight over him *not bragging*)We have a few days of "Don't do that, we can go to the beach NEXT week, we haven't switched insurance yet and the old cmpany didn't pay!" For EVERYTHING i wanna do :P
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:33 PM   #486 
Laki

My bf wants to move to the States but I'm thinking once we did we would run into health problems. Canada is free and while we may take that for granted now, it can come in handy!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:43 PM   #487 
lvandert

I wish I lived in Canada. Luckily, Obama passed the whole "all college students are covered under their parent's insurance" law, without it I'd be sooo screwed! I may still be under my parent's insurance but I'm a state and a half away so I take myself to the doctor.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:13 PM   #488 
kfish

I've never had any medical needs, but I had a horse back riding accident in August and burst fractured my L1 vertebrae, lol (stupid accident magnet over here!). Thankfully, my mother has AMAZING health insurance and I'm covered since I'm under 24, so my $300,000 procedure only cost $250. Without insurance, that would have been a payment plan for life. X_X In Canada I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have had the same amazing neurosurgeon I had, though. There are very few people who have had what I had done who don't have any pain or lifetime consequences. But I can do whatever I want and it doesn't hurt.
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #489 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfish View Post
I've never had any medical needs, but I had a horse back riding accident in August and burst fractured my L1 vertebrae, lol (stupid accident magnet over here!). Thankfully, my mother has AMAZING health insurance and I'm covered since I'm under 24, so my $300,000 procedure only cost $250. Without insurance, that would have been a payment plan for life. X_X In Canada I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have had the same amazing neurosurgeon I had, though. There are very few people who have had what I had done who don't have any pain or lifetime consequences. But I can do whatever I want and it doesn't hurt.
Wow you got lucky! (financially) glad you're okay now :)
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:56 PM   #490 
Purple

Emotions! My boyfriend once had to hold me for 3 hours because I was sobbing my eyes out because I watched Lilo and Stitch. (Do you even know how depressing that movie is when you're hormonal!?)
Purple is offline   Reply With Quote