Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #13571 
LyzzaRyzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
Sad to hear all that but thank you god I'm gay, all I need to worry about is making sure me and whom ever I end up with are clean and wear contraceptives to keep it that way!!:(
Thats the glory of being gay! No worries about babies!
But now, since im with a guy, im kind of paranoid about it. I buy more pregnancy tests than a sane person should!
I am NOT having a baby!
LyzzaRyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:07 PM   #13572 
Sena Hansler

Quote:
Antirant/rant: My rat, Sandor, just will not get outta my pillows! Its gotten so bad i had to wrap my pillow in a sheet, and tie it up...and still, he gets in there..hes there currently, pushing the pillows around behind my back..kind of like an awkward massage...
Hahahaha....

Quote:
But now, since im with a guy, im kind of paranoid about it.
I'd have to agree. Personally, I wouldn't mind a kid but are we ready for one? I know I am not xD I'd like to be financially secure first. That way we have money for the kid, and to fall back on, especially during maternity leave Or if I stayed home, as a homemaker.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:18 PM   #13573 
LyzzaRyzz

Exactly! Be prepared! My parents were married 9 years before they had my brother. and my mom got to stay home with him for two years, and then i was born, and she didnt work til i was three.
I just dont understand parents that decide to have a kid cause it "seemed right." What?!? Children cost MONEY! The birth alone costs an average of twelve thousand dollars! and thats only if you stay TWO days.
Not to mention the prenatal s, the clothing, the beds, the toys..you need to be able to put down large sums of money! Why people dont think of this...

My friends little sister, who is 16, is pregnant. Shes the most airheadedist girl ive ever met. I worked with her at dunkin donuts, and she got everything wrong. She couldent add, follow directions, and she was just a sad girl to look at wondering how she was going to make a life for herself. She was kicked out of her parents house, lived at her friends for a while, then moved in with her brother, my friend. Two months after living there, shes pregnant. Shes all happy, and giddy, quit her job, and plans to live with the baby daddy and her child in her brothers house. All without either of them working or going to school.

Children theses days are delusional.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:22 PM   #13574 
Sena Hansler

16?.... I'm 19 and don't want kids yet xD

And she QUIT HER JOB? No. Just...no.

12,000 for birth? Really? Maybe it is different here in Canada, I dunno xD
Old 06-26-2012, 11:08 PM   #13575 
LyzzaRyzz

Oh i wish i lived in Canada!
I hear their health plans are just so much better than ours.

My friend Amanda's birth cost twelve fifty. Thats in Rhode Island.
She is the only 'young mother' i know of thats actually doing it right. She found out when she was four months along that she was pregnant. Shed been getting her period all along too. Past the time when she would have been able to get an abortion, she was forced into having her baby. Shed been with the father for over two years at the time, and was saving to move out of their apartment into a house. They both had jobs, though they did lead kind of a party life. As soon as she found out she was pregnant, she quit drinking, smoking and partying, got another job, and chose to stay in her apartment. Her boyfriend had a job, and needed to find another, and couldent find one. He ended up being a stripper at a gay strip club to help save money. They didnt mind, most of their money came from that job! Once she had Jasmine, she took leave of her jobs, stayed at home for six months, and sadly, lost one of her jobs. But she got her other one back. During this time, Jon and Amanda went to online college, Everest, and both got degrees. Jasmine just turned two a few months ago, and last month, they put a down payment on a house.
They did all this without any help from family. Amandas family isnt supportive at all, her mom will not stop getting pregnant, all from different men, all the children are horribly behaved, and to say the least their hood. Jons family, though supportive is really poor, and in bad health, so they couldent really offer any help.
Jasmine is the best baby i have ever met. She says please and thank you, waits to talk to you, helps you do chores. She loves 'alone time' and is really independent. Shes so respectful and courtious, and shes only two! I credit Amanda...She came from a family that had no values or morals, and made the absolute best of the situation she was thrown into. She calls Jasmine her life saver. Finding out she was pregnant changed Amanda and Jons life forever, and for the better.

And out of all the people i know, shes the only person who seems to know how to raise a child.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:18 AM   #13576 
dramaqueen
Banned

I am sick of Internet Explorer so I just downloaded google chrome. It works a lot faster than crappy IE.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:28 AM   #13577 
LyzzaRyzz

DQ, ever try Firefox?
Old 06-27-2012, 06:27 AM   #13578 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
16?.... I'm 19 and don't want kids yet xD

And she QUIT HER JOB? No. Just...no.

12,000 for birth? Really? Maybe it is different here in Canada, I dunno xD
I'm 25 and I don't want kids yet....
Society makes me sick. I am tired of hearing, "When are you going to have kids?" Maybe when I am stable in a career and about 35 years old. I am not going to be like everyone else my age. They all have 2-4 kids and no career and no hope for a future. I have to take care of me before I take care of a little one. One of my friends is 24 and has 3 with a man that hits her and held a gun to her head. One of her kids is 6. Do the math on her age there. I couldn't imaging having a kid right now. I am too dang selfish and that isn't changing yet or maybe ever. I don't want to give up my life and career to bring a little person into the world that didn't need to be here in the first place. If I want a kid I will probably adopt. This way I choose when I become a mother. Not just because everyone else is doing it. Hurray for young girls who make the choice not to be followers!

Anti-rant: Hey, I got the interview at Fastenal. We will see if it works out. So far I like the idea. My job will allow me to choose my own hours which works out with college. I have to make delivery's though. It will all depend on that. I will not use my own vehicle to make deliverys so we will see.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:03 AM   #13579 
Sena Hansler

Quote:
They did all this without any help from family. Amandas family isnt supportive at all
This is why I am glad that I am in Canada. The health care is better... Prenatal exams are free, and I believe anything to do with the mother's/baby's safety is free as well. Basically here, walk-in clinic and prenatal are free... Anything to do with non-threatening things like hearing, glasses, etc are not free but generally a good price. If it is life threatening it is free. My brother is not in debt because of the hospital stays his wife had - which I know in the usa that is a whole 'nother story

Quote:
"When are you going to have kids?"
Ohhh I know. Personally I want to be in the mid or late 20's before having kids... Then again I matured a LOT faster (physically and mentally) and do look 4-6 years older -.- But, I don't like seeing 13-16 year olds DROP school and NOT have a good relationship, and LIVE at home with mom to take care of THEIR kids >:( I only met ONE responsible girl, well...semi-responsible... She finished school ahead of time because of her pregnancy, the guy was a butt-wad so she ditched him, and she and her mom work TOGETHER to care for the kid, until she moved out and now she cares for her kid, she's back in shape, she's happy.

I also did see one very VERY young couple, that although they must be frowned upon, they are doing well.. They are now 17, have a kid (year old), and they stayed together.

Ooooo my rant today! My budgie has been making weird sounds, and I thought she was sick. But listening to her, she is IMITATING MY DOG'S BARKING!! -.- Oh, she also imitates our laughing... Not talk-wise, like a parrot, but through her chirps xDD
Old 06-27-2012, 10:23 AM   #13580 
Rosso1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I am sick of Internet Explorer so I just downloaded google chrome. It works a lot faster than crappy IE.
Chrome is the way to go. I have a mac and I prefer Chrome over Firefox and Safari.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou