Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-26-2012, 10:44 AM   #1 
ZackyBear

10 Gallon QT Help!

I currently have 3 tanks.

An empty 10gal I had used for breeding platys (forced to get rid of the fry), a community 10gal with 6 mickey mouse platys (2 male 4 females) and 5 non-fancy guppy females, and a 1.5 gallon I used for Portal Prime. My community tank has 2 spinach plants and 1 tomato plant growing on the water surface. (Aquaponics thing I started and are still working on)

Here's the thing: My parents forced me to stick Portal Prime in the community tank (they don't understand a THING about fish) and refuse to let me start cycling the 10gal. I'm highly irritated about this and are currently trying to move out. I pay the dang water bill, I should be able to keep whatever I want >:C

One of my smaller female platys (she is the youngest and I named her chii-chii) has already been Portal Prime's target, and the others are starting to have fin bits missing. Portal prime does NOT do good with tank mates (he tore apart my male guppy, who had been apart of my school). The guppies are currently doing the smart thing and staying away from him, but my platys just seem to like him v.v

Chii-chii already has a scale missing above her eye and just below her dorsal, and another female has a chunk of her tail missing.

I want to scream. I tried sneaking the platys into the 10 gal to treat them for the scale loss but my dad dumped them back into the community tank and nearly killed everything in it with the water imbalance!!!!

What can I do to try and keep Portal prime from attacking the platys? The tank is practically hard to see through with so many fake plants and caves....argh I'm so mad right now.
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:34 PM   #2 
Sena Hansler

Oh. My. God. You kidding me? YOUR tanks, YOUR fish and yet they are messing everything up? People sometimes. PARENTS, sometimes. ><

I know it may not be great for the fish, but divide it. Better than them getting murdered in the wee hours of the night. Give him about... 3 gallons worth of 10. 1/3 of the tank. That's all he should need for now, until you can get everything your way, no one else touching your tanks :p Save the fishies!!!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:10 AM   #3 
ZackyBear

Thanks, sena. Wow I guess the stress us getting to me....I didn't think about dividing until now x.x

I'll stop by the store today to get some craft mesh....
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:12 AM   #4 
Sena Hansler

yay! :) I mean it'll work very nice, keeps everyone safe (and you sane) and your parents don't have to say anything or do anything.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote