Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #1 
Alcemistnv

Temp. .75 gal Kritter Keeper?

So, I might be able to get Buddha's friend, even though I don't have the 5 gallon tank that I wanted.

I do, however, have a .75 gallon Kritter Keeper available. I am capable of cleaning the tank as often as necessary since it's smaller than Buddha's. I also have enough food and water conditioner for both fish.

Now, I won't be able to get a plakat because I'm sure it won't be too comfy in a small tank. However, I might be just look into getting either a crown tail or a half moon.

They also have some interesting pink veil tails here, so I might get one of those instead...

But, .75 gallons is good for a temporary home, right? Most likely, this bettta will be going into the 5 gallon I'm looking to buy.

and, what are the signs that will clearly distinguish a male from a female? I really don't want to get a female instead of a young male.
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #2 
kfryman

How temporary is the question? Anything can be temporary but it depends how long you are planning to have his friend in there. Depending on the amount of time, that should be fine as long as it is kept at a stable temperature and the water is changed often enough, I would as justdo 30-50% of the water chaned every other day and a 100% if you choose to.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #3 
Alcemistnv

It'd be for approximately a month or two.

If it's not a smart decision, I will just wait.
It's just that my mom said that its okay as long as I pay for the fish. But the 5 gal is too much as of right now.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:45 PM   #4 
kfryman

I would say try to get a larger kritter keeper as they shouldn't really cost more than $10 for one that is around 2 gallons.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #5 
Alcemistnv

okay, will do :)

I noticed that Petsmart has a lot of tanks for sale online, so I might order a 3 gallon one :3
Old 06-26-2012, 09:31 PM   #6 
LizzyP

I got a 3 gallon tank at Petsmart with a filter & LED light for $35 with the membership card. It's small, and I do about 2 water changes per week. One 50% and one 100%
LizzyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:25 PM   #7 
Shadyr

Watch for Petco to have the 6.6 bookshelf tank on sale for $35 too, when the time comes for a bigger tank. Actually pondering dividing one!
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #8 
kfish

This, too! :D http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ..._fb_revshr_001
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote