Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-26-2012, 03:16 PM   #11 
Blue Fish

LOL! I love it...he's quite an insistant little man! ;)
My horse is like that...she'll paw the door, kick the walls, knicker, baning around her water buckets, just make any sort of racket she can to "make the food come faster." ;)

So what do you feed him that he loves so much? I may have to invest in it! ;)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:29 PM   #12 
squidward89

at the bottom. almost like he's laying on the stones.
squidward89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:10 AM   #13 
LizzyP

Dumbledore must sleep during the afternoon while I'm at work or at night when I do. I turn his lamp off at about 11pm and turn it back on between 7:30-8am and he's awake, begging to be fed. However I do see him inside his log from time to time, always facing out so he can see if it's time to be fed.
LizzyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:04 AM   #14 
Maura

Spazzy, my VT, usually sleeps either in his floating log or in the middle of one of his silk plants.

Cigano, my giant roundtail, (who also has a floating log) prefers to sleep under his bridge, which is on top of his tree stump, and has done so since the day I got him.

I just checked on Boo, the baby CT and current resident of the fishpital, and he was conked out against the thermometer behind the filter. I think tomorrow morning I'll move his leaf hammock over there.
Maura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #15 
Rosso1011

Rosso rests in his temple which is closer to the bottom of the tank. I don't really see Poseidon resting that much since he's such an active guy. I have caught both of them napping on their betta hammocks, but I really think they prefer their decorations. Both of my guys seem to be morning bettas, too. They're either up and about when I go in to feed or waiting for me to shake the food container.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:37 AM   #16 
kfish

Sky sleeps behind/in his huge wisteria bush or tangles himself up in a grass hammock close to the bottom to sleep. He rests on his leaf hammock, but never *sleeps* there, haha. He's always up and ready to eat when I walk out in the morning, no matter how early it is. He's energetic. :P
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #17 
Irishdancer

Quote:
How do your fish sleep/rest?
Do they sleep on the bottom of the tank, or closer to the top?
Or even right at the water line resting in plants?
I have one that likes to rest at the bottom of his tank, kind of underneath his plants, but the other usually will rest at the top of his tank, usually near the front of the tank away from the heater and filter and most of the plants.

Quote:
Does anyone have fish who seem, well, grumpy in the mornings?
No, mine are more grumpy in the evenings! When I get up in the morning I always check on them first thing and they get all excited to see me.

PS. I've had a fish once who like to sleep wedged between the corner of the tank and the thermometer. It always kind of freaked me out because it was so tight in that corner, his face would be pressed against the side of the tank and I'd get scared he was stuck!

Last edited by Irishdancer; 06-27-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Irishdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:14 PM   #18 
LorRenee

I can never find Twpsyn when he sleeps! Every time I try and look for him, he'll simply appear out of the corner of my eye and demand to be fed.
LorRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:28 PM   #19 
Tazo

Indy likes to pretend that he is a dead fish when he's asleep x.x
He either sleeps right at the top of the water (sometimes on top of the thermometer) or at the bottom under his bridge or behind his plants.
The thing is, he's a HEAVY sleeper. The first night I had him I seriously thought he was dead because he doesn't even wake up when you tap the glass or take the top of the aquarium off! After some initial worry about this sleeping habit, I figure it's just the way he is xD.
He sure does scare me sometimes, though. Prankster <___<.
Also, he's not grumpy in the mornings (probably because he knows he gets food then!)... but he does get mad if you wake him up.
Tazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:40 PM   #20 
Chrexis

My VT will go into his house at the bottom of the tank when the lights go out, when I turn on the lights late at night and wake him up he will flare at me until they go out.
Chrexis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
day/night cycle, fish rest, fish sleep