Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-28-2012, 12:26 AM   #6541 
squidward89

i pushed you by not getting a heater??.. what if that panic release doesn't work just like that heater is faulty and can fry the fish....

oh sorry it's mcnutt... i'm going to bed..
squidward89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:29 AM   #6542 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
I'm not trying to be disrespectful. I am just using common sense and looking at the big picture.

This person has a good intention and wants to learn how to be a good pet owner, and now feels crappy about his/her good intentions because people are being melodramatic or alarmist. And there are tons of fish sitting in much worse conditions than what he/she has for his/her fish. He/she said they are getting a heater, why are we getting hysterical about a few days when they sit for weeks in a Petsmart or Petco in a poop-laden cup with no heat and air conditioning?

And FYI I have thermometers on all my tanks, so I DO know what the temperatures are, and what the fluctuations in temperature can be. I look at them every day.

To me, when I hear someone take a betta home and try their best to take decent care of them, I am happy, because I see most bettas rot away at big box stores until they die. My friend has a betta in a small bowl. I don't say to them "OMG they NEED this, that, etc! You jerk, you better go to the store and buy ___ right now!" Why? .. . Because I know I get more bees with honey than vinegar. I say "Hey you know what? There is a small tank on sale at _____ that would let you see the betta better . . and fit more tank ornaments for it to play with. It will be more lively maybe and more fun to watch!" Or something like that.

I don't know. . my Petco has the last sad saps still sitting in cups from probably late May. And we are yelling at this person for not having a heater tonight when it's summer time.
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:34 AM   #6543 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidward89 View Post
it's funny you say that towards mursey.. because you to me, are the rudest person on this site. everyone else was kind and friendly.. not pushy..

Ha ha. . someone does not like the F word. Honestly I don't understand being offended by words- they are only sounds, when you think about it. A group of sounds society has decided are offensive. :/
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:34 AM   #6544 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidward89 View Post
i pushed you by not getting a heater??.. what if that panic release doesn't work just like that heater is faulty and can fry the fish....

oh sorry it's mcnutt... i'm going to bed..
No...you push when you showed your immaturity by making fun of me. The panic releases always work. They are checked DAILY and tossed/replaced with a working panic release collar should they be faulty in anyway.
But whatever, I'm not going to feed you.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:36 AM   #6545 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by mursey View Post
Ha ha. . someone does not like the F word. Honestly I don't understand being offended by words- they are only sounds, when you think about it. A group of sounds society has decided are offensive. :/
No this is a public forum. And profanity is actually against the rules here.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:19 AM   #6546 
ao
TFK Moderator

oO was expecting to see shiny new tanks pics when I came in. Oh well, Let's all keep the peace before a mod comes along shall we? =)
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:40 AM   #6547 
teeneythebetta

Alright sorry for hijacking the thread... Sometimes helping people is the wrong thing to do no matter how good your intentions are. :/
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:54 AM   #6548 
ao
TFK Moderator

I don't agree with that :) a person who is helpful and can take criticism actually makes a very respectable character.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:03 AM   #6549 
Atena

I too came here looking for new pictures of betta homes and found this. :\

Helping people is good... always. The way you do it though has to be with love, respect, compassion and understanding. Share what you know and let them make their own conclusion.

Inspiring good betta keeping instead of forcing it.

There is more than one right way to take good care of your fish.

We were all ones there, at the beginning without a clue. Some of us are still there and we are learning. Luckily our fishes are patient and hardy, and will be forgiving of our faults. It takes a long time to work your way to ideal conditions, and some never get there... but then again, I don't live in ideal conditions and somehow I mange to thrive too, so will the fishies. Anything is better than those tiny cups. And one can improve from there, but not all at ones.

How about we bury the hatchet at this point and get back on topic.

Who has any betta homes to show us?

Last edited by Atena; 06-28-2012 at 08:05 AM. Reason: typo
Atena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:48 AM   #6550 
lelei

@Sqwidward~Yu have the Hawkeye cylindrial tak..with the color chaging LED lights??..isnt it great to se how much mord swim rokm thay have.afer yu upgrade to a better tank.:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank