Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-28-2012, 10:19 AM   #6551 
lilyth88

Profanity is against the rules. Period. If you can't think of more eloquent ways to express your anger... then you probably shouldn't be saying anything at all. We have people of all ages on here, including young people. Profanity has no place here.

Looking back, I think I was the one who brought up the heater initially, but I had no idea it would turn into this. Heaters are a good idea. I would say they are required no matter where you live. If you live somewhere hot, great, yours will probably almost never kick in. It's just there for if the temperature falls. And unless you live somewhere that never gets below 78, the temperature will fluctuate. I go to Puerto Rico once a year for vacation, and the temperature fluctuates and dips there... IN THE CARIBBEAN.

Also, it is summer. Your betta will be fine for a few days until you can get a heater. If it was winter, I would be like... OMG GO GET ONE NOW!!!But it isn't. I live in Wisconsin, and it's been over 100 with 100% humidity lately. I've been aiming fans at my fish tanks to get the temp DOWN. But trust me, when winter comes, I sure am glad for that heater. Wisconsin winters =

You seem to want to do right by your fish. Get good heaters and thermometers when you can afford it. Then post lots of pics of their progress!
lilyth88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:05 PM   #6552 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyth88 View Post
Profanity is against the rules. Period. If you can't think of more eloquent ways to express your anger... then you probably shouldn't be saying anything at all. We have people of all ages on here, including young people. Profanity has no place here.

Looking back, I think I was the one who brought up the heater initially, but I had no idea it would turn into this. Heaters are a good idea. I would say they are required no matter where you live. If you live somewhere hot, great, yours will probably almost never kick in. It's just there for if the temperature falls. And unless you live somewhere that never gets below 78, the temperature will fluctuate. I go to Puerto Rico once a year for vacation, and the temperature fluctuates and dips there... IN THE CARIBBEAN.

Also, it is summer. Your betta will be fine for a few days until you can get a heater. If it was winter, I would be like... OMG GO GET ONE NOW!!!But it isn't. I live in Wisconsin, and it's been over 100 with 100% humidity lately. I've been aiming fans at my fish tanks to get the temp DOWN. But trust me, when winter comes, I sure am glad for that heater. Wisconsin winters =

You seem to want to do right by your fish. Get good heaters and thermometers when you can afford it. Then post lots of pics of their progress!
++++++1
Will we ever get a "like" button?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
I don't agree with that :) a person who is helpful and can take criticism actually makes a very respectable character.
I fully agree with ya on this.

So without further ado....shall we get this thread back on topic/peaceful?

Last edited by FishyFishy89; 06-28-2012 at 12:09 PM.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:19 PM   #6553 
Atena

Have you guys seen this one?

Last edited by Atena; 06-28-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Atena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:32 PM   #6554 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atena View Post
Have you guys seen this one?

Thats a fish tank?! O.O
Come design mine!
Old 06-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #6555 
squidward89

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
@Sqwidward~Yu have the Hawkeye cylindrial tak..with the color chaging LED lights??..isnt it great to se how much mord swim rokm thay have.afer yu upgrade to a better tank.:)
i love it.. i had squidward in the first picture of the bowl for a day..he was moving a lot but only around in circles i felt bad. the next day i changed it again to this tank. yeah i love the lights.. even though i usually just keep it on the white lights. i think it looks the prettiest. he seems like a very happy fish..
squidward89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:07 PM   #6556 
bananafish

After Wraith passed away (by jumping out of his closed tank somehow - I'm still baffled), I decided my tank had bad juju and I've just redecorated it, throwing out all of the old stuff and starting over. No new fish yet, but I think the tank looks pretty smangin'.

Last edited by bananafish; 06-28-2012 at 01:08 PM. Reason: resized pic
bananafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:07 PM   #6557 
lelei

I havd my new rescue fishy in our Sammysd prev 3 gal..the (Hawkeye)..and he loves it..If yu go to the last light option..the white light mixes with the other colors and their not so dark..more like pastel..aqua..and pink..and lt.purple..very pretty:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:21 PM   #6558 
Laki

Quote:
Originally Posted by mursey View Post
Ha ha. . someone does not like the F word. Honestly I don't understand being offended by words- they are only sounds, when you think about it. A group of sounds society has decided are offensive. :/
Actually, profanity is against forum rules. There are a lot of people frequenting the forums, children to adults. It's not respectful to everybody. It's not that people are necessarily offended, do you curse around your grandparents? Or in a job interview?? No.

That tank... I want!! I'd have it ruined in a day though, I'm sure.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:26 PM   #6559 
squidward89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Actually, profanity is against forum rules. There are a lot of people frequenting the forums, children to adults. It's not respectful to everybody. It's not that people are necessarily offended, do you curse around your grandparents? Or in a job interview?? No.

That tank... I want!! I'd have it ruined in a day though, I'm sure.
i thought we were over this?
squidward89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:30 PM   #6560 
FishyFishy89

Very nice bananafish!
Is that real driftwood? And....is that wistera that I see?

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank