Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-24-2012, 10:40 PM   #61 
Enkil

Pics of ONE of my divided 10 gallons. XD
This one houses Uther (right) and Frost (left). Uther is a giant HMPK and Frost is a HMPK.
Tank is kept in a heated room to remain at 78-79 F.
Attached Images

Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:52 AM   #62 
freemike

Updated my tank filter and divider. I started using a powerhead on my 20 gallon long. I combined the sponge filters and ran them through the divider. I found it actually made the divider a lot more stable and secure in the tank. I'm downgrading the boys to a 10 gallon divided though. I have plans to make a high tech NPT Gourami tank out of the 20 long. But for now this is it...
Attached Images

Last edited by freemike; 06-26-2012 at 12:54 AM.
freemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:49 AM   #63 
Hallyx
Reference Team

That's great, Mike. Using your Hydro as an induction/intake filter is brilliant. And filtering out of both sides. Hides well, too.

Do I see two heaters in there?
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #64 
freemike

Yeah two 50w eheim jager.
Posted via Mobile Device
freemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #65 
Anitax3x

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemike View Post
Updated my tank filter and divider. I started using a powerhead on my 20 gallon long. I combined the sponge filters and ran them through the divider. I found it actually made the divider a lot more stable and secure in the tank. I'm downgrading the boys to a 10 gallon divided though. I have plans to make a high tech NPT Gourami tank out of the 20 long. But for now this is it...
That looks AWESOME! I may just do that for my boys in my soon to be divided 6 gallon.
Anitax3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:43 PM   #66 
Catie79

I'm so glad to see this thread, since I'm already planning Lucky's upgrade and I want to divide a 10 gallon tank so I can have a second betta. Is there anything I need to know about picking up aquarium sealant? When I read how to make your own dividers, they mentioned using that to glue them in place. I'm looking at Marineland Silicone aquarium sealant.

I also like the double divider idea, since I won't have to worry so much about whether or not the current is too strong when I get a filter for a 10 gallon tank. For a sponge filter, is the 10 gallon setup going to be enough? It's the Elite single sponge filter with the Tetra 10 gallon air pump.

Thanks!
Catie79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:48 AM   #67 
Hallyx
Reference Team

A top quality silicon sealant by GE or Dow is safe in your tank, and a lot less expensive than from the fishstore.

@Freemike
Do you know the trick with the credit card for hiding the line between the substrate layers?
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:54 PM   #68 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Love these tanks!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10 gallon, aqua clear filter, divide, separate, sponge filter