Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-29-2012, 01:51 PM   #6571 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by mursey View Post
Just wanted to say that you can seriously calm down, people.
Wow.
Just. Wow.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:35 PM   #6572 
Sena Hansler

Quote:
By the way, bad grammar about bettas offends me.
Can I point out, that there are people who may not be as great with literature, and happen to be partially illiterate? That is very, very offensive. I may not be illiterate, or have troubles reading and writing, but I know people who are, and frankly I stopped being a grammar nazi because I came to the realization not ALL people are awesome grammar fanatics.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:39 PM   #6573 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Can I point out, that there are people who may not be as great with literature, and happen to be partially illiterate? That is very, very offensive. I may not be illiterate, or have troubles reading and writing, but I know people who are, and frankly I stopped being a grammar nazi because I came to the realization not ALL people are awesome grammar fanatics.
++++++++++1
Even tho grammar and spelling IS your 1st impression of someone online, you shouldn't take it to heart.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:07 PM   #6574 
Chrexis

The internets are very serius buznezz and we shud alwehs t8k care about geeting our spellings tests write and not make people hurt aboot our inability to speel proprely. Because that would be a shame huh? I apologize to you that you find bad grammar offensive, which is a very inappropriate word to use in regards to poor grammar. I can understand that it aggravates you, as it does me but you cannot help nor predict if someone has a learning disability, or just they lack the ability or care to spell properly. That first sentence was harder to type than the rest of this post because I have to purposely make the mistakes. So next time you feel the need to go on a tirade in a PICTURE THREAD I would suggest you unplug your modem and never visit the internet again, or perhaps look for a website dedicated to proper grammar and fish keeping!

Last edited by Chrexis; 06-29-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Chrexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #6575 
Atena

ha ha... you know, if you don't take all this seriously it is really quite funny.

...Also, this is a forum for people all over the world, not all of them speak English as their native language, we should do as well for them.

But I think you guys must be looking for the grammar thread, this one is supposed to be about betta homes. ;)
Atena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:17 PM   #6576 
Sena Hansler

For example, it took me a long time to get the pluralizing down... Because I happen to be a bit slower. And I still get breath and breathe mixed up I know a few on here from different places around the world, and different "levels" of literacy.

ANYWHO, the sorority tank: until I tear it down since all the females are mean poops.
Attached Images

Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #6577 
LugiaChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mursey View Post
Because I know I get more bees with honey than vinegar. I say "Hey you know what? There is a small tank on sale at _____ that would let you see the betta better . . and fit more tank ornaments for it to play with.
+like.
LugiaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:20 PM   #6578 
lilyth88

[quote=mursey;1134497]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyth88 View Post
Profanity is against the rules. Period. If you can't think of more eloquent ways to express your anger... then you probably shouldn't be saying anything at all. We have people of all ages on here, including young people. Profanity has no place here.

I just now noticed I got my BACKSIDE reamed for cursing the other day on a thread. (I really wanted to say I got my "@__ reamed" but I guess that would not have gone over well. :/

Just wanted to say that you can seriously calm down, people. I WILL NOT use profanity again here because that is part of the rules and I will respect that, but I will tell you that I find a lot of things here much more offensive than a sound or word that society has found to be a "POTTY WORD". I find the way people treat each other is much more important than me using a curse word, but hey .. that's just me. (And we are not talking about me using a curse word AT someone, as in "You are a @#%$*^, or "go %^$#@% yourself" .

Yes, I know there are younger people on this site, I'm pretty sure they have heard and seen much worse on Facebook than me dropping the F bomb on a fish-keeping website, especially if they have access to the internet.

As for expressing myself "eloquently", that is a put down that is so overused to shame someone for having used a curse word, which by the way is becoming more and more acceptable as part of expression. Me having said "the F word" once does not mean I have no ability to express myself eloquently or that I'm a moron. Bill Maher and Louis C.K. use the F word all day long and yet manage to say some of the most intelligent things I have ever heard, for example. Now, my niece's day care teachers never say potty words but they can't spell simple words you put on a 3 year old's report card .. now that is SO OFFENSIVE to me!

(Please read the previous paragraph in a joking manner with a bit of sarcastic inflection to get my point correctly. :) )

By the way, bad grammar about bettas offends me. (Yes I can use bold font too!) I have to stare at people use the wrong way to spell "bettas" about every other post. Isn't this your specialty? Learn how to spell it! "Cheese and Rice!" (See what I did there .. didn't use the curse word I wanted to!)

I will show you what I mean with this nice little lesson, so we can all aspire to "express ourselves more eloquently" here.

Using an apostrophe:
betta's - denotes ownership, you would use this in a sentence talking about own. For instance: "My betta's tank looks amazing!"

No apostrophe:
bettas - denotes plural noun of betta, in other words, more than one betta For instance: "Look at all those bettas at Walmart dying in their cups. "

Now if you want to get complicated . . . if you have both circumstances, you would put the apostrophe after the "s". Here is a lovely and exciting example:

bettas' - denotes ownership and plural noun form

"Look at all those bettas' cups filled with poo-water at Walmart!"

Really? You couldn't have just let the subject go? You have to jump back in and cause more drama. This is a thread for people to share their tanks. It is not a thread for your angry rants.
lilyth88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #6579 
teeneythebetta

Just putting it out there, I use this site with my iPod- via mobile. Which has spell check. For some strange reason it adds apostrophes in random places. Like if I type for example, "cats" it changes it to "cat's"
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:27 PM   #6580 
teeneythebetta

ANYWAYS... Here is my 10 gallon sorority. Sorry the picture is not close up. I don't have any updated close up pictures and the uploading process is very annoying so I'm posting an existing picture.

http://s1254.photobucket.com/albums/...ent=NFP016.jpg
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank