Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-23-2012, 09:01 PM   #21 
dramaqueen
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Central Texas
I can't really tell anything from the pics but like someone else said it could be red wash caused by old age. I'd wait for OFL to give her expert opinion.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:03 PM   #22 
mlasater
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I can't really tell anything from the pics but like someone else said it could be red wash caused by old age. I'd wait for OFL to give her expert opinion.

I actually just PM the link to this thread asking for your opinion lol. Thanks for your input though :)
mlasater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:11 PM   #23 
dramaqueen
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Central Texas
You're welcome. I wish I could be more help.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:31 PM   #24 
Blue Fish
Member
 
Blue Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Tennessee
It's only been an hour since this last post, but if you wouldn't mind posting up what she tells you when you get more information?
My Blue and White boy has had some very slight red streaks on the very edges of his fins for the last few weeks, and I wondered about that as well. At first I thought it was a disease, I treated him, he stopped eating because of the treatment, so I stopped it, changed his water, and he's had no ill-effects...but the red is still there. I'd love to hear what she has to say about your guys. :)
Good luck to you, and I hope that both your bettas recover fully!
I believe I had one once who lived to be about 4 or 5, he was just a plain petsmart rescue as well, and I didn't even house him correctly...If poor Tristan can make it that long, hopefully your boy has some good time in him as well! :)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:11 PM   #25 
mlasater
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Fish View Post
It's only been an hour since this last post, but if you wouldn't mind posting up what she tells you when you get more information?
My Blue and White boy has had some very slight red streaks on the very edges of his fins for the last few weeks, and I wondered about that as well. At first I thought it was a disease, I treated him, he stopped eating because of the treatment, so I stopped it, changed his water, and he's had no ill-effects...but the red is still there. I'd love to hear what she has to say about your guys. :)
Good luck to you, and I hope that both your bettas recover fully!
I believe I had one once who lived to be about 4 or 5, he was just a plain petsmart rescue as well, and I didn't even house him correctly...If poor Tristan can make it that long, hopefully your boy has some good time in him as well! :)

Thanks! I hope your your little guy heals well too. Mine is from a crappy pet store too and when I first got him I had no idea how to care for him. Through the years I've been improving his environment a lot because I keep learning new things. I agree that if he lived through the times when I had him in a tiny tank with no heater he can definitely live a couple more years in the correct conditions :) (I'm still kicking myself for that crappy plastic tank I had him in with probably 65-70 degree water!)
mlasater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:20 PM   #26 
Shirleythebetta
Member
 
Shirleythebetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ohio, US
I have actually heard of one betta living for 7 years if that isn't incredible. Most people on here are lucky to see theirs live past three but there are a couple I have seen on here live to 5. Incredible little critters. I hope you can get some satisfying answers soon guys. Good luck.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:52 PM   #27 
mlasater
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I can't really tell anything from the pics but like someone else said it could be red wash caused by old age. I'd wait for OFL to give her expert opinion.
Have you heard from OFL yet? Just wanted to check in.
mlasater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #28 
lelei
Member
 
lelei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Haverhill, MA
My rescue is doing really well, and even tho that red is still in his face, it is also throughout the finnage, so I am pretty sure it's the coloring coming out..he's in a 3gal tank, swimming and eating great:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:09 PM   #29 
mlasater
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
My rescue is doing really well, and even tho that red is still in his face, it is also throughout the finnage, so I am pretty sure it's the coloring coming out..he's in a 3gal tank, swimming and eating great:)
Yeah same. Mine is eating like a little pig and swimming and doing well. I guess it's okay. I'm just always paranoid about ammonia burns and stuff. But the water quality is good.
mlasater is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fin rot, fins, kanaplex, red

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
...Fins turning white???? Super Sly Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies 15 10-21-2011 07:16 PM
Fins turning white cowgirlheeler Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies 6 09-04-2011 09:45 PM
Fins turning red seinaruyoru Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies 2 05-04-2011 04:17 PM
fins turning white rentforever06 Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies 4 04-11-2010 05:38 PM
Fins turning red? puppyrjjkm Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies 4 02-11-2010 04:44 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.