Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-23-2012, 09:01 PM   #21 
dramaqueen
Banned

I can't really tell anything from the pics but like someone else said it could be red wash caused by old age. I'd wait for OFL to give her expert opinion.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:03 PM   #22 
mlasater

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I can't really tell anything from the pics but like someone else said it could be red wash caused by old age. I'd wait for OFL to give her expert opinion.

I actually just PM the link to this thread asking for your opinion lol. Thanks for your input though :)
mlasater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:11 PM   #23 
dramaqueen
Banned

You're welcome. I wish I could be more help.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:31 PM   #24 
Blue Fish

It's only been an hour since this last post, but if you wouldn't mind posting up what she tells you when you get more information?
My Blue and White boy has had some very slight red streaks on the very edges of his fins for the last few weeks, and I wondered about that as well. At first I thought it was a disease, I treated him, he stopped eating because of the treatment, so I stopped it, changed his water, and he's had no ill-effects...but the red is still there. I'd love to hear what she has to say about your guys. :)
Good luck to you, and I hope that both your bettas recover fully!
I believe I had one once who lived to be about 4 or 5, he was just a plain petsmart rescue as well, and I didn't even house him correctly...If poor Tristan can make it that long, hopefully your boy has some good time in him as well! :)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:11 PM   #25 
mlasater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Fish View Post
It's only been an hour since this last post, but if you wouldn't mind posting up what she tells you when you get more information?
My Blue and White boy has had some very slight red streaks on the very edges of his fins for the last few weeks, and I wondered about that as well. At first I thought it was a disease, I treated him, he stopped eating because of the treatment, so I stopped it, changed his water, and he's had no ill-effects...but the red is still there. I'd love to hear what she has to say about your guys. :)
Good luck to you, and I hope that both your bettas recover fully!
I believe I had one once who lived to be about 4 or 5, he was just a plain petsmart rescue as well, and I didn't even house him correctly...If poor Tristan can make it that long, hopefully your boy has some good time in him as well! :)

Thanks! I hope your your little guy heals well too. Mine is from a crappy pet store too and when I first got him I had no idea how to care for him. Through the years I've been improving his environment a lot because I keep learning new things. I agree that if he lived through the times when I had him in a tiny tank with no heater he can definitely live a couple more years in the correct conditions :) (I'm still kicking myself for that crappy plastic tank I had him in with probably 65-70 degree water!)
Old 06-24-2012, 06:20 PM   #26 
Shirleythebetta

I have actually heard of one betta living for 7 years if that isn't incredible. Most people on here are lucky to see theirs live past three but there are a couple I have seen on here live to 5. Incredible little critters. I hope you can get some satisfying answers soon guys. Good luck.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:52 PM   #27 
mlasater

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Have you heard from OFL yet? Just wanted to check in.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #28 
lelei

My rescue is doing really well, and even tho that red is still in his face, it is also throughout the finnage, so I am pretty sure it's the coloring coming out..he's in a 3gal tank, swimming and eating great:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:09 PM   #29 
mlasater

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
My rescue is doing really well, and even tho that red is still in his face, it is also throughout the finnage, so I am pretty sure it's the coloring coming out..he's in a 3gal tank, swimming and eating great:)
Yeah same. Mine is eating like a little pig and swimming and doing well. I guess it's okay. I'm just always paranoid about ammonia burns and stuff. But the water quality is good.

Tags
fin rot, fins, kanaplex, red