Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-30-2012, 12:55 AM   #21 
ihatefirewalls
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Delaware
I think you're getting a bit too caught up in the wet/dry argument. Regardless of how misleading the ingredient label may be, the nutritional value of the omega one pellets is higher in terms of fat and protein, so there must be plenty of fish.

However, I personally prefer the additive variety of NLS over omega one (fewer preservatives, antiparasitic garlic, no artificial food coloring).

Either way I don't think you can go wrong.
ihatefirewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:58 AM   #22 
finnfinnfriend
Member
 
finnfinnfriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatefirewalls View Post
I think you're getting a bit too caught up in the wet/dry argument. Regardless of how misleading the ingredient label may be, the nutritional value of the omega one pellets is higher in terms of fat and protein, so there must be plenty of fish.

However, I personally prefer the additive variety of NLS over omega one (fewer preservatives, antiparasitic garlic, no artificial food coloring).

Either way I don't think you can go wrong.
Yeeaaahhh I tend to get quite caught up in things....but I just want to know....Which has more fish?!
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:02 AM   #23 
ihatefirewalls
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Delaware
The labels just aren't detailed enough to make a definitive conclusion =/. Even the nutritional values are just min/maxes, and probably vary a ton between batches.

The standards for pet food are just nowhere near as controlled as for human consumption.

Sorry I can't tell you more! I wish I knew myself haha.

Last edited by ihatefirewalls; 06-30-2012 at 01:06 AM.
ihatefirewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:10 AM   #24 
finnfinnfriend
Member
 
finnfinnfriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatefirewalls View Post
The labels just aren't detailed enough to make a definitive conclusion =/. Even the nutritional values are just min/maxes, and probably vary a ton between batches.

The standards for pet food are just nowhere near as controlled as for human consumption.

Sorry I can't tell you more! I wish I knew myself haha.
Hmmm....well I just read through the ingredients and neither have soybean but Omega One has more min. protein....So with that said would it be safe to say the Omega One has more meat?
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:24 AM   #25 
ihatefirewalls
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Delaware
On average, probably. Or just higher protein fish/fillers :P.
ihatefirewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:32 AM   #26 
finnfinnfriend
Member
 
finnfinnfriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatefirewalls View Post
On average, probably. Or just higher protein fish/fillers :P.
Well the reason I said that is because both foods have a couple meat ingredients, wheat, some type of aquatic plant, and a number of vitamin supplements, so they are pretty similar....except NLS has fruit and veggie extract as well...
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:58 AM   #27 
kfryman
Member
 
kfryman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fremont, CA
How about you just feed them both and call it fine? Lol, those two are probably the best you can easily get.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:01 AM   #28 
finnfinnfriend
Member
 
finnfinnfriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
How about you just feed them both and call it fine? Lol, those two are probably the best you can easily get.
You think they are about even then?
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:13 AM   #29 
kfryman
Member
 
kfryman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fremont, CA
Unless you are a scientist or have access to the expensive materials to test iltge levels of the ingredients, I would say they are probably even.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:17 AM   #30 
finnfinnfriend
Member
 
finnfinnfriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
Unless you are a scientist or have access to the expensive materials to test iltge levels of the ingredients, I would say they are probably even.
Thank you. I have peace of mind now. I will continue to be happy with my Omega One
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Betta bio-gold pellets vs omega 1 flakes? cp6445 Betta Fish Care 5 03-21-2012 07:27 PM
Omega One Betta Pellets cataze Betta Fish Care 3 03-19-2012 06:49 PM
Is Omega One Betta Buffet Bites a good food? MaisyDawgThirteen Betta Fish Care 14 01-20-2012 12:06 AM
omega one betta buffet flakes? sielkirk90 Betta Fish Care 11 06-24-2011 06:20 PM
New Life Spectrum Betta Formula/Aqua Culture Betta Pellet Food amethystlady Betta Fish Care 8 04-21-2011 10:36 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.