Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-30-2012, 04:31 PM   #11 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by staffylover View Post
Do you have any pics, would love to see them. Sadly pits are banned in the UK, draconian rules that do not work!
BSL if friggin stupid. Theyre banned in certain parts of the US too, but obviously, were im at they are allowed. But many apartment building will not allow you to rent if you have a pit. Fortunately some apartment complex owners are understanding and just ask to meet your dog. :)

Here are the boys.. On the left is the APBT, 14 years old, malachi. On the right is the APBT staff, 7 yrs old, DeeOhJee. It was christmas time, so thats why DeeOhJee has a jingle bell on his neck <3 P.S. I HATE ear cropping. Im only 15, my dad had the ears cut. :(

Last edited by teeneythebetta; 06-30-2012 at 04:33 PM.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #12 
staffylover

Wow stunning boys. I have to admit I dont like the cropped ears myself and that is also banned in the UK as well as docking unless it is a working dog
staffylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:38 AM   #13 
kai

Quote:
Originally Posted by staffylover View Post
Do you have any pics, would love to see them. Sadly pits are banned in the UK, draconian rules that do not work!
I see nothing wrong with pits its the chav roid-rage owner's that are putting the bad name's to them .. just like rotty's doblamans in the late 80'early 90's and the poor germansheapers in the 70's....

Any way welcome to the community and im a NEW beta owner long time lover of them :D
kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:01 AM   #14 
BeckyFish97

The pits are not the problem, it is the people who cant control them, and teach them to be vicious!I can understand the no cropped ears, and the no docking of tails, I believe the official rule is that you CAN have your dogs tail docked, but for medical reasons only, and then you have to go halfway across the country to locate a vet that will carry out the procedure which costs an arm and a leg to do!And even then, you could still get into trouble for it if an animal welfare officer decided it wasn't done for valid medical reasons...
oh and...
Welcome to the forum!
BeckyFish97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:40 AM   #15 
staffylover

never heard of docking for medical reasons only working dogs as they have to dock when only a couple of days old? Never had a dog with a docked tail though so its not an area I have personally dealt with

Agree that it is the owners with the dogs, staffies are getting the brunt of it now opposed to the GSD's and Rotties that were persecuted in the 80's and 90's
staffylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:14 AM   #16 
kai

They are lovely iv not met ill tempered 1 yet unlike jacks and other anklebitters .my friend has blue staff tho in his face h dose show singns of ptb and shes worried even tho h has th most laid back temperament my kittens at 7weeks old scar hum to hide
kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:36 PM   #17 
dramaqueen
Banned

I saw a guy in Petsmart a few days ago who had a pit bull puppy about 9 weeks old. She was gorgeous.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:42 AM   #18 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I saw a guy in Petsmart a few days ago who had a pit bull puppy about 9 weeks old. She was gorgeous.
Awww :D At the shelter I volunteer at, there's a "pit bull" that I wanna take home so bad. She's super sweet and always tries to lick you. An if you say "I love youuuuu" shell howl :D
Posted via Mobile Device
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:53 PM   #19 
artieface

Wow, you've got an African Grey? I absolutely love birds, especially the larger ones. I've got a Blue Quaker/Monk Parakeet myself, but would love to get a U2 someday.

And welcome(:
artieface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:31 AM   #20 
Aahnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyFish97 View Post
The pits are not the problem, it is the people who cant control them, and teach them to be vicious!I can understand the no cropped ears, and the no docking of tails, I believe the official rule is that you CAN have your dogs tail docked, but for medical reasons only, and then you have to go halfway across the country to locate a vet that will carry out the procedure which costs an arm and a leg to do!And even then, you could still get into trouble for it if an animal welfare officer decided it wasn't done for valid medical reasons...
oh and...
Welcome to the forum!
+1000. Yeah, I had a bad owner toss his pit in my front yard with my two dobie girls, when i was out. Got home to a real mess, they never fought, they were mom and daughter.

We rushed them to the vet. Mom had lost a canine in the fight. They both had a lot of holes, blood etc. The vet said they must have been fighting if they were in a fenced yard together, but he knew them well too.

About 3 days later, another neighbor called us up and asked if we knew what happened. He said a guy was in the 'kit kat' bar, talking about what a dumb dog he had. My girls had killed him!

Makes me cry just typing that. Girl dobies dont fight the boys, you know? they are, after all, the boys.

I felt so lucky to still have them both, and so sorry for that poor pit. We knew this guy too, we used to buy our hay from him, until our fields were producing.

Sorry, long story ... Welcome to the forum.
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote