Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-30-2012, 11:55 AM   #11 
teeneythebetta

:O poor little guy!! He's in good hands now, I bet he is loving the nice big heated tank :)

Guess what? I volunteer at a no kill shelter. A guy brought in his cat and her 4 kittens and said if we didnt take them, he would feed them to dogs. >:l
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:54 PM   #12 
Catfish Billy

Very nice fish! I'm sure you'll take great care of him!
Catfish Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:38 PM   #13 
ehh

how ugly. give them to his dogs? and i thought i had to deal with jerks where i work.

wheni got home i turned the filter off, took the hood off he shot to the top and ate about 5 pellets. yes! i think hes going to be just fine.

my gf mentioned that he prolly wont eat with the filter on since it creates a current and moves the pellets around. she was right.
ehh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:48 PM   #14 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh View Post
how ugly. give them to his dogs? and i thought i had to deal with jerks where i work.

wheni got home i turned the filter off, took the hood off he shot to the top and ate about 5 pellets. yes! i think hes going to be just fine.

my gf mentioned that he prolly wont eat with the filter on since it creates a current and moves the pellets around. she was right.
Yep. Irresponsible people + pets = disaster

We've had people bring in a dog and literally throw it into someone's arms and leave. A lady brought in a cat in a pillow case on Christmas eve. Another person abandoned two cats in the fenced in dog yard- the following morning a dog was let out and scared the crap out of those cats, they weren't hurt though.

Okay sorry to get a bit off topic there ;)
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:19 PM   #15 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
[quote=ehh;1135557]thanks, i like the white sand too. my gf talked me into it. i was thinking of going with black sand.

I have black sand in one tank and white in another. That black sand seems a little more depressing, but also, it looks like it is staining some of my white silicone fake sea anemones. I could be wrong, and maybe black sand that stains is bad.. . but I got it at Petco so it should be fish safe!

I am loving my white sand. It is a little uplifting, especially after I added a piece of mopani wood and a little blue-ocean-water background.
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:42 AM   #16 
ehh

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
Yep. Irresponsible people + pets = disaster

We've had people bring in a dog and literally throw it into someone's arms and leave. A lady brought in a cat in a pillow case on Christmas eve. Another person abandoned two cats in the fenced in dog yard- the following morning a dog was let out and scared the crap out of those cats, they weren't hurt though.

Okay sorry to get a bit off topic there ;)
ugh, terrible people.
my gf works a feed store like i do and the one she works at has a little dog run in the back and someone once left a puppy back there. :-/
Quote:
Originally Posted by mursey View Post

I have black sand in one tank and white in another. That black sand seems a little more depressing, but also, it looks like it is staining some of my white silicone fake sea anemones. I could be wrong, and maybe black sand that stains is bad.. . but I got it at Petco so it should be fish safe!

I am loving my white sand. It is a little uplifting, especially after I added a piece of mopani wood and a little blue-ocean-water background.
i was thinking the white sand would make the tank look brighter when i have the light on too.
ehh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #17 
Gen2387

That's a nice tank, can't wait to see what ideas you come up with for decorations and plants!
Gen2387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #18 
Aus

YAY! I am -so- pleased he's doing well!

That tank is MUCH nicer than a toilet.

I cannot wait to see how he colours up when he's feeling more at home. He's quite lovely as it is.

Plants are a great idea.. wisteria is brilliant, get lots and float it. He'll sleep in it, probably. Mine all love the stuff and it's quite pretty, floating or planted.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:57 PM   #19 
Whittni

Nice!
Whittni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #20 
lelei

I am currently using "Amazon Sword" the leaves are big, and comfy for your fishy to hide, and rest, or sleep on or in-between them, I love the look they add to the Aquarium too..Tropical!!
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote