Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #13651 
dbooknook

Terrible. Why? Ugh...creepers.
Rant:
My friends are totally ignoring me seems like because they are "busy" or on vacation.
I can't talk to my Grandma and Grandpa because they don't speak English. At least I am learning German/Turkish from them.
My parents only let me have TWO betta fish!
There are a ton of people dieing of hunger and I can't help them.
I can't adopt cats and dogs in shelters due to the fact that my dad is allergic to them.
Yup.

Last edited by dbooknook; 07-01-2012 at 10:06 AM.
dbooknook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #13652 
Shirleythebetta

Sena*Yea I was 7 when we had that talk. This kid is going to find out the hard way though. She is going into the 6th grade so some smooth talking boy is going to teach her about it for them. She doesn't even know what a monthly is. They are in such denial. They are those types of parents that dance around the really necessary things she needs to know. She actually argued with her parents and said she new he was a kid because he said so. She is a very ignorant child and it's their fault. I got on my moms behind for not watching her on the computer too. They just thought she played games on there. Oh the people who can reproduce.

Last edited by Shirleythebetta; 07-01-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:30 AM   #13653 
Sena Hansler

Please please PLEASE tell me there really is a salt water betta somewhere out there...because....

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-pets-oth...AdIdZ392476815

I died when I saw that. I don't have anything to trade for him. sadly... And I don't mean I died as in "eeeee a saltwater betta!" I mean more like "OMG what damage has been done?!"
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:35 AM   #13654 
kfish

Ohhhhh.... wow. I hope the seller is mistaken... on the type of fish he/she has, that is.

EDIT: Actually... http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...364&pcatid=364
And since his/hers is 6" long, that's what it is. Whew, lol.

Last edited by kfish; 07-01-2012 at 10:38 AM.
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #13655 
dbooknook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
Sena*Yea I was 7 when we had that talk. This kid is going to find out the hard way though. She is going into the 6th grade so some smooth talking boy is going to teach her about it for them. She doesn't even know what a monthly is. They are in such denial. They are those types of parents that dance around the really necessary things she needs to know. She actually argued with her parents and said she new he was a kid because he said so. She is a very ignorant child and it's their fault. I got on my moms behind for not watching her on the computer too. They just thought she played games on there. Oh the people who can reproduce.
I feel so bad for her. I had the "talk" when I was like eight.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:44 AM   #13656 
Sena Hansler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfish View Post
Ohhhhh.... wow. I hope the seller is mistaken... on the type of fish he/she has, that is.

EDIT: Actually... http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...364&pcatid=364
And since his/hers is 6" long, that's what it is. Whew, lol.
Oh thank god xD WHEW!!!! I'm glad I'M mistaken x)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:44 AM   #13657 
dramaqueen
Banned

I don't recall my mother ever having "the talk "with me. I remember one time when I was like 12 the girl next door to me and Iliked to camp out in my yard or hers. We had company and this woman was a real witch. I asked my mom if we could camp out this one night and this woman says absolutely not. Then she says don't you know the facts of life? It was none of her business. I was asking my mom.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:35 PM   #13658 
Aus

Daughter's response to all questionable persons talking to her online, since age 8:

"I don't talk to paedophiles. Get lost, pervert." *block*

This said, there was a guy on FB who she was sweet on last year (she's nearly 14 now) who was much older. Not creepy, just older. She had no intention of meeting or giving out details.. but she liked to chat, he was kind of cute.. etc., I understand the crush. But what was good was that she came to me to discuss it. We had a Very Long Talk, and she decided that the age difference (he was 18 or so) was too great even to be friends comfortably. So she apologised to him and then blocked him.

She got the talk at about.. age 7. But already knew it all! Kids at school talk.. Also, there's bulk online safety info given out at school here (worded a lot more nicely than my version, but still.. ). I have never cushioned her from anything, never spoken to her like a baby or assumed she cannot understand things. I believe I can trust my daughter to survive the teenaged years without being molested via her own ignorance/stupidity.

How a 10 year old does NOT know about those dangers is beyond me. It really is. Cotton-wooling your kids is a great way to make sure they get a pile of short, sharp shocks when they enter the 'real' world and nobody on this earth will gettum a dwinky winky.

Have her parents read those websites where the cops who catch online predators pretend to be kids and log it all.. all the 'grooming' the pedos do, the lies they tell.. It's truly shocking. Hopefully eye-opening.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #13659 
dbooknook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus View Post
Daughter's response to all questionable persons talking to her online, since age 8:

"I don't talk to paedophiles. Get lost, pervert." *block*

This said, there was a guy on FB who she was sweet on last year (she's nearly 14 now) who was much older. Not creepy, just older. She had no intention of meeting or giving out details.. but she liked to chat, he was kind of cute.. etc., I understand the crush. But what was good was that she came to me to discuss it. We had a Very Long Talk, and she decided that the age difference (he was 18 or so) was too great even to be friends comfortably. So she apologised to him and then blocked him.

She got the talk at about.. age 7. But already knew it all! Kids at school talk.. Also, there's bulk online safety info given out at school here (worded a lot more nicely than my version, but still.. ). I have never cushioned her from anything, never spoken to her like a baby or assumed she cannot understand things. I believe I can trust my daughter to survive the teenaged years without being molested via her own ignorance/stupidity.

How a 10 year old does NOT know about those dangers is beyond me. It really is. Cotton-wooling your kids is a great way to make sure they get a pile of short, sharp shocks when they enter the 'real' world and nobody on this earth will gettum a dwinky winky.

Have her parents read those websites where the cops who catch online predators pretend to be kids and log it all.. all the 'grooming' the pedos do, the lies they tell.. It's truly shocking. Hopefully eye-opening.
+1
Old 07-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #13660 
Shirleythebetta

I think I am going to show her stories myself of kids her age getting snatched. I don't think the problem is they think she is to young I think they are too immature to talk to her about it. Worst of anything is the monthly issue. She has asthma and if she starts bleeding and doesn't understand why she could have an attack. Or she could start at school and be "that girl". She is very sheltered and immature. She even walked out of her yard and down the street without telling thier parents because a 12 year old girl said it was okay and they wouldn't be mad. My neice is going to wind up dead, hurt or pregnant. I worry about her going to middle school because those kids are going to give her all the wrong information about her body and it is going to ruin her. I swear she has the mentality of a 6 year old and she will be 11 in a few months. She believes anything she is told. It's really sad. At 6 I was smart enough not to listen to my friends but this kid is really ignorant. She believes her peers over her own family.

I was mad. I screamed. She isn't my kid but I lost it when she argued with her mom and dad. I almost smacked her. and asked her if she was going to be one of those stupid kids that believes a stranger online and never sees her mom and dad again.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou