Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #13661 
Shirleythebetta

I don't know what the heck happened to my brother. Both of my parents talked to me openly and honestly about the nasty people in the world and about my body. Told me about how natural things happen in boys and girls. I don't know how he got to be such a sissy. I try to talk to him and tell him he needs to do this for his daughters safty and he changes the subject and ignores me. So does her mother. They are going to wait until she comes home and they notice her tummy has grown unexpectedly. She will be one of those kids pregnant at 12 and doesn't even know it.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #13662 
Catfish Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
I think I am going to show her stories myself of kids her age getting snatched. I don't think the problem is they think she is to young I think they are too immature to talk to her about it. Worst of anything is the monthly issue. She has asthma and if she starts bleeding and doesn't understand why she could have an attack. Or she could start at school and be "that girl". She is very sheltered and immature. She even walked out of her yard and down the street without telling thier parents because a 12 year old girl said it was okay and they wouldn't be mad. My neice is going to wind up dead, hurt or pregnant. I worry about her going to middle school because those kids are going to give her all the wrong information about her body and it is going to ruin her. I swear she has the mentality of a 6 year old and she will be 11 in a few months. She believes anything she is told. It's really sad. At 6 I was smart enough not to listen to my friends but this kid is really ignorant. She believes her peers over her own family.

I was mad. I screamed. She isn't my kid but I lost it when she argued with her mom and dad. I almost smacked her. and asked her if she was going to be one of those stupid kids that believes a stranger online and never sees her mom and dad again.
Fair enough. Just remember that it's probably not her fault but her parents'.
Catfish Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:03 PM   #13663 
Sena Hansler

Sadly sometimes it is just the kid's fault. Some parents do wonderfully, and their kids turn out to be the worse kind of people known.

On a different rant: My roomie thinks NOT leaving ANY window open upstairs at night is good for his reptiles. No. It's bad for all of us. A lot of these reptiles, don't do well with extremely hot heat. Oh heck, most of them are desert animals and happen to prefer cooler nights!!! I snapped at him when he swaid not to open MY window in MY kitchen in MY house.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:38 PM   #13664 
dramaqueen
Banned

If she doesn't even know what a monthly is then she definitely won't know what causes pregnancy or if she's pregnant.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:19 PM   #13665 
BeckyFish97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish Billy View Post
South-east near London. You?
Yorkshire, I'm a country girl :P

RANT:I hate watching the news, seeing things about kids being kidnapped, people being murdered...its just...
BeckyFish97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:19 PM   #13666 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yeah, Becky, the news is very depressing.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:08 PM   #13667 
Sena Hansler

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-pets-to-...AdIdZ392284047

There. There is the ad that saddens me! Someone wants to SHOOT his own dog, who's been faithful and working with/for him? That's terrible. Inhumane! And heartless.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:20 PM   #13668 
kfish

Surely that just has to be his way of getting someone to adopt the dog quickly?!?! I certainly hope so... :(
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #13669 
fleetfish

Anti rant:

Well guess who was back. The squirrel. But I think I know why now . . . she's got babies somewhere in our roof, and she probably has a crazy mothering instinct. We've had squirrels in our roof before, but we've never had them burglarize our house.

Dear Squirrel,

I understand hun that babbies can be a handful, but you have the whole garden, the compost, and our garbage to dig into. It's all yours, squirrel. All yours. But please show us your babbies soon, there's nothing cuter than seeing little squirrelets learning how to climb and balance.

It's all I ask.
Sincerely, your landlady
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:08 PM   #13670 
dbooknook

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetfish View Post
Anti rant:

Well guess who was back. The squirrel. But I think I know why now . . . she's got babies somewhere in our roof, and she probably has a crazy mothering instinct. We've had squirrels in our roof before, but we've never had them burglarize our house.

Dear Squirrel,

I understand hun that babbies can be a handful, but you have the whole garden, the compost, and our garbage to dig into. It's all yours, squirrel. All yours. But please show us your babbies soon, there's nothing cuter than seeing little squirrelets learning how to climb and balance.

It's all I ask.
Sincerely, your landlady
+1 baby squirrels=cute! Has anyone ever seen a flying squirrel? They are C-U-T-E! Enjoying my 10:08 p.m. hyper moment here!

Last edited by dbooknook; 07-01-2012 at 09:11 PM.
dbooknook is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou