Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-02-2012, 12:38 AM   #1 
kngiraffe

Just got the Tetra Whisper Internal Filter..thoughts?

The tank I have is i this one and the filter for that went to the pooper. it wasn't doing anything but pushing water down on Flame. There would be a gross residue on the top, so i bought the whisper...for those who have used it/using it, did i make a good choice?
kngiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:51 AM   #2 
Kenny G

That tank looks like one I brought. It's the Aqueon betta bow. I actually like that filter. It's super quiet. After a week of having it water was gushing everywhere in my tank. Rather than baffle it I did something different. I pulled the bottom part of the filter off and filled it with a small amount of polyester filter fiber. This was perfect solution because now it slows down the water from just shooting over the filter. It now keeps the filter evenly wet without it drying out and getting nasty from the heat of the bulb. Now it come out the filter at a slow pace so it doesn't push my betta junior around the tank and I know the water is being filtered better. I have a whisper filter in one of my tanks and I like the mini bow filter better.
Kenny G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:11 AM   #3 
Hallyx
Reference Team

If you're referring the Whisper sponge filter, I found that to be a poor and ineffective design.

Remove the filter media and look into the filter while it's running. You'll see that the bubbles and the water flow completely bypass the filter chamber. Really dumb, Tetra.

PM me for a fix that works.

If you're talking about a different filter, well, then......"never mind." <Emily Latella voice>
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote