Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-02-2012, 07:55 AM   #1 
chicagojo

Made for aquariums, but I'm not so sure

My daughter recently bought one of these for her betta:

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...uctId=12211410

According to the packaging, it's designed for aquarium use and her fish seems to enjoy swimming around it, but when we took everything out of the tank to do the water change yesterday, she noticed while rinsing the decor items that the paint/glaze seems to be bubbling all over the place. This was after just one week in the tank. There are tiny bumps all over the rainbow that we didn't notice while it was in the tank because they look just like tiny little bubbles. We gave it a good rinse and put it back in the tank, but now I'm nervous and wondering if I should take it out. The fish's behavior seems normal so I don't have any indication that anything is wrong, but I'm worried that if the glaze is bubbling like that, chemicals could be leaching out of it. Sadly, I tossed the receipt so I'm not even sure we'd be able to get a refund...

TIA for any thoughts...
chicagojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:11 AM   #2 
Kenny G

I would contact the manufacturer and ask if anyone else have been experiencing the same problem. Even if they have not I would make them aware of your situation. Personally I would remove it from the tank until further notice. Better safe than sorry.
Kenny G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:17 AM   #3 
chicagojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny G View Post
I would contact the manufacturer and ask if anyone else have been experiencing the same problem. Even if they have not I would make them aware of your situation. Personally I would remove it from the tank until further notice. Better safe than sorry.
Good thought. I will do that today.
chicagojo is offline   Reply With Quote