Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-28-2012, 11:09 AM   #41 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
This poor guy, though. He was probably barking cos he was miserable. He was outside 24/7 chained up & I live in Florida. He was dirty, had arthritis and he was old. They had a younger dog that lived inside, poor baby.
I have three doggy's inside. I noticed this happens in particular to beagles. When I first got with my husband his dad had a beagle in a small kennel outside that was way old. I asked him how long it had been since that dog had been out of there and he says "8 years"

That beagle got a long walk on a long chain and got to roam where he wanted when I moved in.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:24 AM   #42 
Sena Hansler

Today did not start well. Although, I made him go outside immediately after releasing him from the kennel. He peed outside :) HOWEVER...

When I fed him, he came into the living room, looking like he swallowed a baseball or something Then he began heaving, and eventually with slimy saliva a huge glob of UNCHEWED FOOD came up. Ew. He didn't chew his food an made himself sick I WILL get the bowl that slows down eating. It's like 10.00 and worth it. Actually, when I go to the pet store today we're getting that.

Before that he pooped on the floor. Dead grass, gravel, plastic. He's just going to have to poop it out, it's his fault LOL. Silly thing.. Worse than a kid!! However once I have the information from the breeder about what shots he did have I'll get him in hopefully next week or the week after for a vet check.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:24 AM   #43 
Sena Hansler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
I have three doggy's inside. I noticed this happens in particular to beagles. When I first got with my husband his dad had a beagle in a small kennel outside that was way old. I asked him how long it had been since that dog had been out of there and he says "8 years"

That beagle got a long walk on a long chain and got to roam where he wanted when I moved in.

Yikes! beagles NEED to be outside more than most dogs. They need jobs, they need a purpose otherwise you get the most unruly doggies x.x
Old 06-28-2012, 11:27 AM   #44 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Today did not start well. Although, I made him go outside immediately after releasing him from the kennel. He peed outside :) HOWEVER...

When I fed him, he came into the living room, looking like he swallowed a baseball or something Then he began heaving, and eventually with slimy saliva a huge glob of UNCHEWED FOOD came up. Ew. He didn't chew his food an made himself sick I WILL get the bowl that slows down eating. It's like 10.00 and worth it. Actually, when I go to the pet store today we're getting that.

Before that he pooped on the floor. Dead grass, gravel, plastic. He's just going to have to poop it out, it's his fault LOL. Silly thing.. Worse than a kid!! However once I have the information from the breeder about what shots he did have I'll get him in hopefully next week or the week after for a vet check.

Aww poor baby! Silly boy! Grass, gravel and plastic are nothing! My dog ate one of those preserved alligator heads (a small one) and he PUKED it up. The most disgusting puke I've ever seen!
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:47 AM   #45 
Sena Hansler

EEEWWW D: lol I feel better now with slimy dog food and poopy gravel. xD Luckily in the new place it does NOT have gravel lining the house I can let him out and about without the gravel-eating-machine-problem xD
Old 06-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #46 
lvandert

awws I just read the whole thing and he's such a cutie! Your doing really good with him all things considered. My mom's dogs have a touch of separation anxiety too (the howling and whining when he think's he's alone), we just left a tv or radio on for them. Heck I do the same thing for my bird lol. Our dogs have eaten, barfed or pooped some disgusting things themselves. The funnies was when they burried a raw hide square in the sand by the lake and then dug it up the next time we came up. It was so slimy and floppy from the water in the sand, bleh! and then when it came back up it was even worse
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:08 PM   #47 
BeckyFish97

Eve went through a whining stage, every morning when it got light, we put a cover over her cage and it stopped instantly.
Lol unchewed dog food...all part of the package :P we always know when eve has a sore mouth/throat, she burps up part of her pigs ear-no puke, she just burps that bit up! I use a newspaper with eve-NOT ON HER of course :P slap it on the floor when he is doing something wrong, I prefer that to the idea of spraying water in her face...saying that...she's scared of water so I wouldn't dream of it :P although if she sticks her head in front of the watering can its her own fault :P feel sorry for that beagle!poor thing, I can't imagine not being out of my bedroom for 8 years...uuurgh
BeckyFish97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:18 PM   #48 
Sena Hansler

Haha well he LOVES his water, so I don't mind the method. Gurgi however, someone used a spray bottle on him and he is scared to death of ANY spray bottle I aughta smack whoever did that to him. SOME dogs it's okay, others, not so much.

On a side note, my relationship is even getting better. Dean's "friend" posted on face book "I give up :(" Good. Shouldn't chase what you can't have. Like a dog with a car.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #49 
Sena Hansler

So, here's what happened in regarding to finding a place that allows him

PLACE ONE: 850 not including utilities... Lovely, well done, upstairs and down stairs with laminate, friendly landlords, big yard.... Plsus they LOVED him and said yes to us. They saw our roomie (and we told them he DOESN'T have to come with us) and then suddenly, cold shoulder, no dog, no pets, no US. WTF.

SECOND PLACE: Is 45 minutes away, but 850.00 utilities included. No problem right? Wrong. They decided to be greedy and DOUBLE the rent. So, no.

THIRD PLACE: Was a slum. A gritty, gross place you see cocian addicts and alcoholics dwell in. The sump pump broke once already, the lay out is horrible, no closets, the ceiling was low.... Should I go on?

So, we can't move. We HAVE to since our landlord found another person already. And because our roomie screwed it up he is NOT moving with us. But that doesn't matter anymore the places we found don't work. So we have to get a relative to look after him.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:04 AM   #50 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
So, here's what happened in regarding to finding a place that allows him

PLACE ONE: 850 not including utilities... Lovely, well done, upstairs and down stairs with laminate, friendly landlords, big yard.... Plsus they LOVED him and said yes to us. They saw our roomie (and we told them he DOESN'T have to come with us) and then suddenly, cold shoulder, no dog, no pets, no US. WTF.

SECOND PLACE: Is 45 minutes away, but 850.00 utilities included. No problem right? Wrong. They decided to be greedy and DOUBLE the rent. So, no.

THIRD PLACE: Was a slum. A gritty, gross place you see cocian addicts and alcoholics dwell in. The sump pump broke once already, the lay out is horrible, no closets, the ceiling was low.... Should I go on?

So, we can't move. We HAVE to since our landlord found another person already. And because our roomie screwed it up he is NOT moving with us. But that doesn't matter anymore the places we found don't work. So we have to get a relative to look after him.
I'm confused. Why did the first people say no? Thy didn't like your roomie?
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote