Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-02-2012, 10:00 AM   #51 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbooknook View Post
@teeneythebetta I'm sorry you have to put your dog down.
Ik. But to be honest Idk if it's gonna happen. I felt his neck and you can feel a lump/tumor in it. He's not whining when you touch his head anymore, someone told us that when dogs suddenly lose allot of their vision they do that. My mom suggested we go to have a vet check him out and my dad got mad and said "no. You want me to kill my dog?" I don't want mydog to die but it's sad to let him live like this.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:07 AM   #52 
dbooknook

Tough decisions.
dbooknook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:33 AM   #53 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Teeny, I'm sorry about your dog. :(
Your dad sounds a lot like my dad. My dad hates the vet too and we kept our old boxer until it was so painfully obvious that we couldn't anymore.
She was 9 (boxers usually live 8-10 years). She had some sort of awful neurological condition I think. One day she started backing into a corner uncontrollably, couldn't stop doing it. The most terrifying part was when part of her skull caved in, a sign of serious neurological problems. It was clear she couldn't fight anymore after that, even my dad realized. ;-;
She was also covered in little tumors (well one was kind of big) but the vet tested one of them and said it was benign. Apparently boxers get them a lot.
I wish I had photos of her but they aren't on my computer. She was a dark brindle boxer with a little white stripe between her eyes. My first dog. She bit my face the first day we had her.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:37 AM   #54 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Teeny, I'm sorry about your dog. :(
Your dad sounds a lot like my dad. My dad hates the vet too and we kept our old boxer until it was so painfully obvious that we couldn't anymore.
She was 9 (boxers usually live 8-10 years). She had some sort of awful neurological condition I think. One day she started backing into a corner uncontrollably, couldn't stop doing it. The most terrifying part was when part of her skull caved in, a sign of serious neurological problems. It was clear she couldn't fight anymore after that, even my dad realized. ;-;
She was also covered in little tumors (well one was kind of big) but the vet tested one of them and said it was benign. Apparently boxers get them a lot.
I wish I had photos of her but they aren't on my computer. She was a dark brindle boxer with a little white stripe between her eyes. My first dog. She bit my face the first day we had her.
Omg I'm so sorry!! :'( poor baby!
Posted via Mobile Device
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #55 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

She was actually a really mean dog I realize. To me. I could never touch her toys, couldn't bug her, didn't listen to me. I was surprised that my current dogs let me do all these things I never could with her.
I guess I was lower than her on the totem pole in her mind. She only ever bit me that first day though. -sigh-
Crazy dog.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:42 AM   #56 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
@MyRainbowBettaFish I'm so sorry about your babies that've passed! I used to have a rat terrier and a miniature jack russel.

Haha! I want a hamster too! My mom always told me no because they stink, then I discovered you can litter box train them! Then when I told her that she said she doesn't like the messy bedding. Then I told her I can use fleece. Then she said I don't have anywhere to put the cage in my room.. She won that part xD
Thanks Teeney! I am deeply sorry about your dog, it is always sad would you have to put an animal down
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:25 PM   #57 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
I want a ferret so badly but I live with my parents right now and my mom has said no, but I've got my fishies so I'm good.

I might even have to break out an old cage and get a hamster, only porblem is my niece wants to be over here and around me enough as it is, she loves my fish tanks, so you can imagine if I got a little ball of fluff! ^_^ She is adorable though especially the way she says kitten, she says Kit-ten....omg it's too cute! @_@
ferrets smell HORRIBLE!
Hubby wants one too. I told him that if he gets a ferret I can get another guinea pig.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #58 
Enkil

Other than fish, we have 3 dogs in the house. Two are Great Danes and belong to the roomie. The other is my American Bully pup.

Fenris is so cute and getting big. I love this lil guy.
Attached Images

Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #59 
fleetfish

My doofus cat, Quill. He's a mediumhair shelter baby and I've had him for seven years. He will often bury himself under the blankets and sleep like this <333

fleetfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #60 
staffylover

I have Reuben (bottom right), Chloe passed away in March age 15 (liver coloured)
Jack (all white) no longer with us
Reuben with his friends (staffy cross and Rottie)

Tara - no longer with us

Bodie my cat, we rescued him about 3 months ago

Lilly - She is not my dog but she can never be rehomed so I have sponsored her for life and pay towards her keep monthly

I also have an African Grey called Marley but I could not find any pics and he is tucked up in bed now
staffylover is offline   Reply With Quote